The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Moving NPC, Mounts and Pets

vesselwiththepestle
vesselwiththepestle
✭✭✭✭✭
So, we can put NPC (Banker and Merchant), Mounts and Non-Combat-Pets in our houses.

One of the first features I instantly missed were NPC, mounts and pets which could move around, walking by themself around the house. Some AI, so they might even use furniture on their own, or pre-defined paths and patters we could set ourselves. Or at least some new animations and features for the Banker and Merchant, so they can sit on a chair for example instead of just staying there. Another easy thing for merchant/banker should be, that they run after you when you are there like they normally do.

Similar I wish all those mounts had walking animations and could follow you in a house like the merchant or non-combat pets do. This would be GREAT for RP. I understand you don't want those huge mounts as non-combat-pets running around in cities etc. Completely understandable. But why not in our own houses? Also we already have those ponies as non-combat pets and they are of a similar size as the spider mounts.

What do you think? Do you want NPC, Mounts and non-combat Pets moving around in your house and/or interacting with furniture?
1000+ CP
PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!

Moving NPC, Mounts and Pets 18 votes

I am not interested.
5%
IndorilArwynLlethran 1 vote
Making NPC interacting with furniture would be great (sitting on chair, reading a book).
5%
Fiedelstrich 1 vote
I want walking NPCs!
0%
I want walking non-combat Pets!
0%
I want walking mounts!
0%
I want ALL OF IT!
77%
gimpdrb14_ESOZephiran23ArcirisNovaMarxEdziuperditionerMiauraMinyassavesselwiththepestleTelvanniWizardTigerseyeSylvermynxDuduck_IIIYe_Olde_Crowe 14 votes
I am pessimistic and we will never see any of this, because ZOS doesn't care about housing.
5%
Shadow_Akula 1 vote
I am pessimistic and we will never see any of this, mainly because it't technical impossible (ESO doesn't support this kind of behavior or it would be to complex to integrate).
5%
Enokariel 1 vote
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want ALL OF IT!
    I'd like to add that I mean it only as an option to turn on or off. Nobody should be forced to have a banker in his house who might step in your way while doing a dummy parse. Seems pretty obvious, but I just wanted to point it out :).
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want ALL OF IT!
    I actually don't want the banker or merchant - UNLESS I can have the alfiq versions! Definitely want the rest though.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pessimistic and we will never see any of this, because ZOS doesn't care about housing.
    As much as I’d like all that cool stuff I will step forth as the pessimist. People have been asking for different types of furnishing (many similar to these suggested here)since well housing came out. Zeni never responds at all, hell we’re just getting functional doors added in with Elsweyr even then that’s only an ornate achievement furnishing.

People have asked for NPCs for a while too, zenimax’s housing devs, who claimed while on stream that they check all house threads (which is an outright lie) can’t even have decency to type a simple “that sounds like a good idea” or “that’s not something we can do at this time” response.

With the set paths for NPCs, pets and mounts, I think this may not be possible at this present time. Mostly due to console (coming from a console player here) everytime I visit one of my homes with 600+ furnishings or even just stand idle in one for a few minutes, I get hit by load screens and lag by doing nothing but chilling in my house. Scripted paths and actions I fear would just add more lag and other issues...

To sum up Zenimax ignores housing unless it’s a suggestion to add a notable home to crown store & Scriptable NPCs and stuff could cause issues for console users.
    (Sorry I had to be the pessimist)

S.A.96
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    I want ALL OF IT!
    Yes please! Rift has some creatures for dimensions (=Rift housing) that you can toggle movement ai on/off, like birds that fly around a little.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want ALL OF IT!
    Fountains are animated. It's not hard to just set something to meander around in a loop. Interacting with furniture I don't really see, but having a circuit of movement should not be a problem. LOTRO has cats that get up from their nap, stretch, stroll a bit, sit and look at something for a while and then return to their nap spot, as an example. Horses or other mounts could wander back and forth between two points or in a small circle grazing.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want ALL OF IT!
    Time housing gets some love!