The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Long jump

Ivan04
Ivan04
✭✭✭✭
I was wondering about the popular megajump bug/or whatever it's supposed to be. Clearly the physics of the character movement allow this to be done naturally in most situations. I'm not gonna describe how to do it (mostly because I'm not completely sure), but it's simply jumping while accelerating that gives you an immense boost in speed.

So I'd like to ask anyone, or perhaps even the developers, what is the official ZOG position on the longjumps? Because it's hecka addictve and frankly I don't want them to be gone :D
I guess it might become an issue when over 10% of players turn into quick-fingered tryhards. So far I'd estimate not even 1% of overall players are capable of that.
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's in fact unpopular since it's commonly considered as an pvp exploit (at least) and the pvp community doesnt stand it as is stated in many threads about it, from time to time.
    If it's skill from quick fingers players or used with macros doesnt matter at all... I imagine that should be addictive in a super speed point of view but theres always the risk of being reported by players.
    Edited by miteba on April 22, 2019 1:07PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know one person who can do it with absurd consistency, to the point it's kind of a workable tactic for him in active combat.

It's a weird one, for sure. I'd like it to be removed, but I don't think players using it should really face any punitive action--it's tethered to normal, acceptable movement inputs.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe instead of vilifying it we teach it to everyone to even the fight?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe instead of vilifying it we teach it to everyone to even the fight?

If everyone exploits, no one does. Right?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of the good old Quake strafe-jump days ...
    fighting19.gif