The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How many of your chars will Elsweyr nerf? (pvp)

InvictusApollo
InvictusApollo
✭✭✭✭✭

How many of your chars will Elsweyr nerf? (pvp) 42 votes

9% 4 votes
35% 15 votes
16% 7 votes
4+
38% 16 votes
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In many way not enough of my chars are nerfed as power creep is out of control.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I really put any effort into - Magicka Warden - is getting nerfed again, both directly and indirectly. I was hoping that Magicka Necromancer would be a valid replacement, but so far it looks to be even worse for PvP. 'Course, like I keep saying, there's still another month to go before the "early access" begins for Elsweyr on PC/Mac, so things might change between now and then.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    darkblue5 wrote: »

We'll have to have special nerfs which only affect you. Most of us dont want to be weak and inneffective.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much every class I play either got a nerf or nothing.
  • Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm. Let me see...
    • My Stamblade will be hurting a little due to the changes to Grim Focus. But it's not the end of their PvP career.
    • My StamDen will need another source of sustain since I can't rely on the Netch (casting it takes me out of sneak).
    • My MagSorc will have a somewhat lower survivability since they "fixed" Hardened Ward. It was neccessary…and annoying. And no, I don't stack shields.

I don't like relying on pots to help with sustain issues, but I might have to bite the bullet on that one. In terms of NB losing Minor Berserk, I might have to use Slimecraw to get it back. Practically hugging a healer running combat prayer isn't an option in PvP; everyone moves around way too much. The only exception to this I can think of is if you and your group are in the same voice channel in TeamSpeak/Discord for coordination.
    Edited by Ethoir on April 20, 2019 11:45PM
    Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorc and Templar, both nerfed hard on magicka and stamina.

I assume Necro will get nerfed during PTS and then heavily nerfed by the next PTS. To be honest, I'm not sure I even want to bother with the hassle of skilling up all of the trees and achievements for another character. I might not even bother.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently from reading the forums all of them. Every class now sucks and so does the upcoming necro.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there that many people with 4+ nightblades ?
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of them, because I have chars in all classes (both mag and stamina versions) and in a wide variation of races.
    Edited by DTStormfox on April 21, 2019 5:10PM
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My two bow gankers. The same two that got nerfed the worst in Updated 21. I'll give them a run out to test how bad things are after this update hits live, but I think they're finished.
    PC EU
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    darkblue5 wrote: »

We'll have to have special nerfs which only affect you. Most of us dont want to be weak and inneffective.

CP PvP while fun to build in is pretty warped as far as power level. The CPs are part of the reason for the tank meta. Offensive CPs let you still do any damage while in heavy (also Fury/Seventh & Co.) all the while the defensive CPs all scale best with the defense of heavy armor. Now the Protective trait is showing that you can get the bulk that scales well with defensive CPs while maintaining the damage and sustain buffs of medium and light.

CPs essentially aren't just powering up characters offense and defense in an equal way. Gank TTK is generally lower in CP, while tanks are at the same time tankier. You can more easily min-max an extreme and not be as incapable elsewhere. Healing effectiveness is also something that scales extremely well with CP, as each HP point is generally worth more. This distorts builds. Now no-CP also has its weirdness partly due to what happened when VRs were swapped to CP and the max rss and crit etc were bundled into CP. Maybe ZOS looking at CPs will fix the way CP distorts the extremes of builds.

PVE dps is totally out of control and drunk on the power rn. That's what really needs the nerfs. Yet ZOS is buffing dps....