The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

You guys need to make a shopping cart. You're costing yourself a lot of money otherwise.

Quantact
Quantact
✭✭✭
So, the crown sale is going on, and people are buying more crown packs now than usual.

A prime merchant for online gaming is PayPal Credit. PayPal Credit requires good credit but is popular because if the purchase is 99 dollars or more, you have 6 months to pay for it without interest if it's paid by that point. During the crown sale, Elder Scrolls Online's 21,000 crown pack, with tax, comes out to about 95.28. So, it's less than four dollars short of being PayPal Credit material.

Your customer service declined to raise the price slightly for me to put it past the 99 dollar threshold, and also declined to bundle the crown packs for me so they, together, would cross the 99 dollar threshold. PayPal Credit also told me they can't bundle purchases. I WANT to buy your crowns, but I am not going to charge as much in one month as I would if given six months to pay it back.

Your system makes it impossible to buy multiple packs at the same time, and your customer service has no mechanism for dealing with this issue. Just on me you've lost hundreds of dollars in one month, and not even because I am somehow a disgruntled customer "making a statement" or somehow unwilling to buy; it's because I CAN'T buy. It would take nothing for ZOS to code a shopping cart to allow multiple purchases per one checkout, it would help your customers, and it would very clearly make you money, especially during crown sales. No, most people aren't going to charge like 6 21,000 crown packs normally, but these rare sales realistically could see some of that. You should code a shopping cart to fix this problem, preferably before this sale ends. There isn't any real reason not to.
Edited by Quantact on April 19, 2019 5:00PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the shopping cart feature is not already part of ZOS/Bethesda's store software, then it is not "nothing" to add one.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Quantact
    Quantact
    ✭✭✭
    If the shopping cart feature is not already part of ZOS/Bethesda's store software, then it is not "nothing" to add one.

Are you seriously telling me that adding a mechanism to buy multiple things in the store at the same time instead of just one thing in the store -- as done by almost all online merchants including giants like Amazon -- is a tough mechanism to code and somehow not worth it to code?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quantact wrote: »

Are you seriously telling me that adding a mechanism to buy multiple things in the store at the same time instead of just one thing in the store -- as done by almost all online merchants including giants like Amazon -- is a tough mechanism to code and somehow not worth it to code?

Nope. I am saying that if the capability is not already in the software that they use, they have to add it, and that is not "nothing". While they can add it in the future, I would not expect it to be something they turn on before April 22.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird flex aside, it's not a retailer's obligation to qualify you for any third-party special financing or credit programs.

signing off
  • Quantact
    Quantact
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Weird flex aside, it's not a retailer's obligation to qualify you for any third-party special financing or credit programs.

Of course it's not their obligation. But it WOULD make them a bunch of money, and it wouldn't be really hard to do it. The whole reason to discount Crowns at these sales is to get people to buy more of them , which is what I am trying to do (along with probably anybody else with PayPal credit here.) That, and the bundle with tax is less than five dollars away from the 99. The easiest, permanent way to deal with this and stuff like this is to allow one to buy multiple items. And PayPal Credit is one of their accepted merchants at checkout so they'd be enabling its mechanism, which I might guess is why they made the agreement with PayPal in the first place.

So yeah, I totally agree that it's not their obligation, but what harm does it do to either the customer or the merchant, here? Seems mutually beneficial and nobody is getting harmed.
    Edited by Quantact on April 20, 2019 7:26PM
  • Quantact
    Quantact
    ✭✭✭

Nope. I am saying that if the capability is not already in the software that they use, they have to add it, and that is not "nothing". While they can add it in the future, I would not expect it to be something they turn on before April 22.

Yeah, I agree with you on that. Sorry I misunderstood your post.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So yeah, I totally agree that it's not their obligation, but what harm does it do to either the customer or the merchant, here? Seems mutually beneficial and nobody is getting harmed.

Collectively, retailers and issuers deal with tens of billions of dollars in chargeback fees annually. ZOS doesn't have to justify their system, but if they have even a little bit of evidence that it cuts down on fraudulent transactions they're going to stick with it.

Purchase what you're comfortable borrowing in the short term. ZOS may not be gleaning every possible dollar but from some of the data collections I've seen, they're simply not in a position to need to.
    signing off
  • Quantact
    Quantact
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

Collectively, retailers and issuers deal with tens of billions of dollars in chargeback fees annually. ZOS doesn't have to justify their system, but if they have even a little bit of evidence that it cuts down on fraudulent transactions they're going to stick with it.

Purchase what you're comfortable borrowing in the short term. ZOS may not be gleaning every possible dollar but from some of the data collections I've seen, they're simply not in a position to need to.

Any credit card transaction at a virtual mall can be charged-back, including ordinary cards. It's part of the risk of this type of transaction with this type of business. Look up those documented cases in Maple Story where kids stole their parents' cards and charged like 3000 dollars, the parent refused to pay and the kid, of course, got banned. Didn't stop Maple Story from raking in hundreds of millions.

The difference between ordinary cards and PayPal Credit is your credit must be better to get PayPal Credit, which means you're less likely to do stuff like chargebacks to begin with.
    Edited by Quantact on April 20, 2019 7:32PM
  • teejkapow
    teejkapow
    Don't think its worth it for you to waste your energy on talking to critics.

ZOS's store, like many parts of TESO, operate at the minimum acceptable level where they are not allowed to spend more time/money on it. As long as things are "good enough" they move on to work on something else (other features, other fixes, or monetization).

People who defend such systems and that general method of operating a business are such weird zealots. They like to place the blame on the person who "good enough" lets fall through the cracks.

A shopping cart is pretty basic for online retailing. The idea that somehow you are whining and acting entitled for complaining about the ZOS's weak business operation is ridiculous.
    Edited by teejkapow on April 21, 2019 2:32PM
  • Wild_Mage
    Wild_Mage
    ✭✭
    Let's shame on a game company for not having a shopping cart feature for the sole purpose of being able to "stack virtual currency packs in order to quality for third party financing options". Forget all the stuff fraud/buyers remorse nightmares are made out of, we def need to satisfy those few legitimate outliers that want to finance virtual currency with real currency + interest.

Larger crown packs are a better solution for this particular situation anyways and would be embraced by whales with open fins.
    Edited by Wild_Mage on April 21, 2019 5:15PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s a good thing that ZoS is not encouraging players to take out a loan in order to buy Crowns. Especially considering the effect of Crown Crates on those that have gambling problems.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. It's shabby.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Quantact
    Quantact
    ✭✭✭
    teejkapow wrote: »
    Don't think its worth it for you to waste your energy on talking to critics.

ZOS's store, like many parts of TESO, operate at the minimum acceptable level where they are not allowed to spend more time/money on it. As long as things are "good enough" they move on to work on something else (other features, other fixes, or monetization).

People who defend such systems and that general method of operating a business are such weird zealots. They like to place the blame on the person who "good enough" lets fall through the cracks.

A shopping cart is pretty basic for online retailing. The idea that somehow you are whining and acting entitled for complaining about the ZOS's weak business operation is ridiculous.

It's nice to see somebody say that what I am requesting is not outlandish and that I am not a scumbag or a whale or addicted or whatever the heck else is in this thread. Thank you for that. Like, thank you a lot.

I also agree that it's really weird to see so much player opposition to a request for a small feature that would make things so much better. I am starting to think that a large contingent in the Crown Store & ESO Plus forum is people who want stuff, cannot afford the stuff, so they spend their time in the paid incentives forum of a game (instead of playing the game) to complain about "whales with open fins" and "ZOS greed."

I do have to disagree with you that Elder Scrolls Online customer service is bad. In this case, they weren't able to help me, but they're usually really nice, reply quickly and behave professionally. I didn't mean to disparage those folks, and if it came off that way, I apologize to them for that. ESO has its flaws, but in general I am a very satisfied customer.

In the regards to the rest of your post, I not only agree but will take your advice on this issue and just go enjoy the nice event with my friends instead of get hammered in any way imaginable for asking for a shopping cart to make use of a promotion that would benefit from the shopping cart. If ZOS is going to make a shopping cart, I think by this time they will have read this thread. And I imagine they care about the "whales with open fins" and the idea that I am trying to "shame" them here about as much as you and I.

Thanks again for your post, and have a great day.
    Edited by Quantact on April 21, 2019 7:21PM
  • YaYaPineapple
    YaYaPineapple
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that it would be nice to have a shopping cart.

Even if someone is NOT using Paypal Credit for its 0% financing, they have to make multiple transactions if they want to buy multiple packs of crowns. For example, if someone wants to buy three 21k packs of crowns, they have to make three separate transactions and go through the purchase screens three times... and fill out their credit card info (or log into Paypal) three times. It would be nicer if you could put three crown packs in a shopping cart and check out one time instead of three times.

Having to make three identical transactions in a row also throws a fraud flag with Paypal and your bank because it looks like fraud or a glitch transaction.