The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Armor Master Gear - Mistakes Made?

Indoril_Nerevar
Indoril_Nerevar
✭✭✭
Your Armor Master Gear implies that while you have an armor ability slotted you will receive a 5% increase to your maximum health.

This is making a large amount of players think that if they add the Light Armor, Medium Armor and Heavy Armor abilities to their slots they will receive an increase of 15% Maximum Health.

This is not the case, however given the details enlisted in the Armor Master Set . . .

IT SHOULD!

This needs to be fixed, as I imagine a lot of people are spending too many coins, resources and getting fed up with such a TERRIBLE result afterward.

Master Armor should:
Increase HP by 5% per Armor Ability Slotted as it implies. Thank you!
Edited by Indoril_Nerevar on April 21, 2019 12:55PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh? It clearly states: While you have an Armor Ability slotted, your Maximum Health is increased by 5%.

not For every Armor Ability slotted, your Maximum Health is increased by 5%.

There is nothing wrong with the description, and it's consistent with similar tooltips.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Huh? It clearly states: While you have an Armor Ability slotted, your Maximum Health is increased by 5%.

not For every Armor Ability slotted, your Maximum Health is increased by 5%.

There is nothing wrong with the description, and it's consistent with similar tooltips.

^ this

and the image of long lines of players eager to spend all their gold and materials on a set of Armor Master to run all 3 armor abilites for 15% health while being able to only use one of them (you need 5 pieces, duh) made me chuckle
  • Indoril_Nerevar
    Indoril_Nerevar
    ✭✭✭
    See, that's fine. That's how I see it. Don't get it twisted but you help me reinforce my point more, listen;

You see how you misunderstood what I meant? That's how SOME people see this armor set. So even though to people like yourself and me, it's obvious but on a larger scale, and to be more technical -

It's not very clear, and it still implies 5% for an armor ability. So people slap on three and wonder why they aren't getting 5%... for that armor ability.
  • Indoril_Nerevar
    Indoril_Nerevar
    ✭✭✭
    *While you have an armor ability slotted*

"Okay, I have three. That's 15%."

That's how most players see it.

Wether they can only use one is irrelevant to them. They're aiming for 15% increases into there HP. I still see no valid feedback. Although it's not my problem, it's a common one among others.
    Edited by Indoril_Nerevar on April 21, 2019 1:06PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *While you have an armor ability slotted*

"Okay, I have three. That's 15%."

That's how most see it.

"While you have an" implies that while you have at least one armor ability slotted. If you fail to understand that then it's not the tooltips fault, but your comprehension.
    They use the same wording for every skill/passive that has the same mechanic, so it's fine.
  • Indoril_Nerevar
    Indoril_Nerevar
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not reading your junk, brother. You aren't wrapping what I'm saying around your head. You think it's fine. So do I.

Go tell the rest it's fine, cause nonetheless you and I are outnumbered there.

Edited by Indoril_Nerevar on April 21, 2019 1:12PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not reading your junk, brother. You aren't wrapping what I'm saying around your head. You think it's fine. So do I.

PRWRJLz.png

Maybe you can see if ZOS will do this for you. Want to make sure we cover all bases so nobody gets confused.
  • Indoril_Nerevar
    Indoril_Nerevar
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. You guys are just as bored and big of losers as I thought. Lol you so pathetic you'll do anything to bug? Man, you make me feel good.

Enjoy blowing this up I got a life. Peace.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. You guys are just as bored and big of losers as I thought. Lol you so pathetic you'll do anything to bug?

Well aren't you a charmer
    Yes, I'm sure you've got some other minor details to moan about and miscomprehend. We'll let you get to it then.

Cheerio.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    what the hell is this post lol.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone thought that this set is a trash and now it's meta ^^
    That's how gaming society conscience works.

OP, I feel for you, I often spent ton of resources/grinded dung before, just to realize that some set is trash and not working as you expected or simply bugged for years, but now I know that there is PTS for it. So install and test there.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is the first time ever that I have heard a player think that the Armor Master health buff is multiplied by the number of Armor abilities slotted.

I have 1800 or active players amongst my guilds. By 'active', I mean logging in at least once a week. I've never heard any of them question this particular tooltip.

It's not surprising that OP is confused, though. Judging from his reaction to answers and opinions to his assertion, I suspect few players wish to help him.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t see the confusion since when you slot an armor ability that you don’t run 5 of, it won’t let you cast the skill, it would be unusable and just be a complete waste of bar space.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    The only mistake that was made was in reading comprehension class.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

PRWRJLz.png

Maybe you can see if ZOS will do this for you. Want to make sure we cover all bases so nobody gets confused.

What happens when I use all 3 Armor abilities quickly though? I can do that in a few seconds with AlphaGear so it’s possible. Maybe you need to add that to the description.
  • Joker99
    Joker99
    ✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

PRWRJLz.png

What happens when I use all 3 Armor abilities quickly though? I can do that in a few seconds with AlphaGear so it’s possible. Maybe you need to add that to the description.

Can you explain what physical and spell resistances are, what do they protect me against?
    PC-EU
    DPS Slave:
    StamNB, MagNB, MagPlar, MagDK, StamDK, StamWarden
    Mostly just a scrub. Not even max CP.Actually max CP.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow. You guys are just as bored and big of losers as I thought. Lol you so pathetic you'll do anything to bug? Man, you make me feel good.

Lol at this so much ^

Compare Armor Master's tooltip (while you have an armor ability slotted) with Pressure Point's one (Increases your Weapon and Spell Critical ratings by 438 for EACH Assassination ability slotted)
    Personally i never misunderstood the tooltip because it was clear enough to me.
    This needs to be fixed
    Maybe you are the one who needs to get fixed :)

• Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    OP: People who lack reading comprehension need their hand held.

Rest of Thread: OR they could learn to read, or even just ask, or use the PTS.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3 day old account is 3 day old account.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a pretty clear tooltip. If people need extra clarification on that, I can't imagine how confused they are by this game in general.

There are a ton of passives that are worded this way, and nobody complains ("when an aedric spear ability is slotted," for example). And the other wording exists too ("for each dragonic power ability slotted") for passives that due stack per slotted ability.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is not what it states. It states when you have an Armour Ability slotted....you know...like Harness Magicka....Immovable....there are only three available since each Armour line has only one active Ability.

No idea how you got this wrong.

• Indoril_Nerevar
    Indoril_Nerevar
    ✭✭✭

That is not what it states. It states when you have an Armour Ability slotted....you know...like Harness Magicka....Immovable....there are only three available since each Armour line has only one active Ability.

No idea how you got this wrong.

I didnt.

You just skipped past a bunch of junk and assumed this was my problem.
    Edited by Indoril_Nerevar on April 24, 2019 8:45PM
  • Indoril_Nerevar
    Indoril_Nerevar
    ✭✭✭
    It's a pretty clear tooltip. If people need extra clarification on that, I can't imagine how confused they are by this game in general.

There are a ton of passives that are worded this way, and nobody complains ("when an aedric spear ability is slotted," for example). And the other wording exists too ("for each dragonic power ability slotted") for passives that due stack per slotted ability.

You dont speak on behalf of those complaining. Your opinion is your own... since thats all you have given me.

• Indoril_Nerevar
    Indoril_Nerevar
    ✭✭✭
    3 day old account is 3 day old account.

Speak up :)

Am I not allowed to be a new joiner?

Ha! "Shitposting" stereotype.

Sorry if that terminology is incorrect I dont spend my life on these things or other similar stuff.I also dont come here to be miserable because of some other problem elsewhere :)

Thats just the impression you gave me. Atleast my opinion is based on *something* reasonable, though.
  • Indoril_Nerevar
    Indoril_Nerevar
    ✭✭✭
    Vajrak wrote: »
    OP: People who lack reading comprehension need their hand held.

Rest of Thread: OR they could learn to read, or even just ask, or use the PTS.

I entirely agree ;)

You also lack something, I noticed;

Understanding and consideration to others.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You dont speak on behalf of those complaining. Your opinion is your own... since thats all you have given me.

You're the only one I've heard complain of this issue. Where are these players you are representing?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Indoril_Nerevar
    Indoril_Nerevar
    ✭✭✭
    Now, I could hit the nail on the head all day like that ^

I'm here for the forums, not the distasteful crowd and imature gamble of expressing your opinion that follows. Ha!

Please, share your thoughts! Satisfy the need you have in yourselves to post something! Im sure you must! Quick, you might go thru withdrawl if ya don't!

Peace out, stereotypes. Quit crackin' out over this. It ain't heroin.

What, you mad at people who misunderstood this? LOL you need a therapist. Get your priorties straight. Go see your mother - get fixed.

Why the *** so BITTER about someone who ISNT ME, that misunderstands a simple little detail in The Armor Master? Are you *** sad or what? Pff.

What a warm welcome. I could have sworn I posted about some gear - not an article making fun of The Holocaust.

That's the last you hear from me in this article.

Keep promoting for me though, will ya?

( even the title of this forum has a question mark in it. AHA SILLY ASS! )
    Edited by Indoril_Nerevar on April 24, 2019 9:25PM
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, I could hit the nail on the head all day like that ^

I'm here for the forums, not the distasteful crowd and imature gamble of expressing your opinion that follows. Ha!

Please, share your thoughts! Satisfy the need you have in yourselves to post something! Im sure you must! Quick, you might go thru withdrawl if ya don't!

Peace out, stereotypes. Quit crackin' out over this. It ain't heroin.

What, you mad at people who misunderstood this? LOL you need a therapist. Get your priorties straight. Go see your mother - get fixed.

Why the *** so BITTER about someone who ISNT ME, that misunderstands a simple little detail in The Armor Master? Are you *** sad or what? Pff.

What a warm welcome. I could have sworn I posted about some gear - not an article making fun of The Holocaust.

That's the last you hear from me in this article.

Keep promoting for me though, will ya?

( even the title of this forum has a question mark in it. AHA SILLY ASS! )

Wow. You are extremely sensitive. Oversensitive. You have made a mistake. People corrected you and then you proceeded to call them names and insult. Then you made "I quit forum" thread.
    Thats not how adults behave. We are actually glad that you are leaving this forum. Have a nice day.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    10/10 bait

For the Queen bby
This discussion has been closed.