The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Suggestion] Colouring / dyeing furniture

Ilmarinen_01
Ilmarinen_01
Soul Shriven
Hey gus,

don't know whether it's been suggested before, but what would you think of being able to craft furniture in different colours, similar to personalising outfits? Or dye them afterwards.
For instance: I've seen red breton drapes in several places like Moon Hunter Keep, but the ones that can be bought / crafted are blue. And those red drapes would fit better in my home than those blue ones.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey gus,

don't know whether it's been suggested before, but what would you think of being able to craft furniture in different colours, similar to personalising outfits? Or dye them afterwards.
    For instance: I've seen red breton drapes in several places like Moon Hunter Keep, but the ones that can be bought / crafted are blue. And those red drapes would fit better in my home than those blue ones.
  • Ilmarinen_01
    Ilmarinen_01
    Soul Shriven
    tenor.gif

yeah!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Essential Housing Tools is available on Minion and ESOUI.com.

Once installed, just mouse over the new "EHT" button that will appear while in a house and click "Essential Effects," just like I did in the video. <3
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This has certainly been suggested before and I would absolutely love it if it was implemented.

Imagine the extra variety of interiors you could create, even if you could only dye soft furnishings.

Pale blue and gold Redguard bedlinen, sand coloured, or soft grey, sofas and curtains...

Would be amazing.

Not to mention that the process of dyeing them, at a dye station, would add an extra dimension to furnishing.

I appreciate they sell the occasional recolour, as a Crown-Store only purchase, but they are few and far between.

Most of the Crown-store only things are not recolours (in fact, I can only think of one that is), so I don't think it would negatively impact the bottom line too much.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd dearly love to be able to dye furnishings. It'd open up so many possibilities!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!