The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

intro to battlegrounds is an awful experience

kratier
kratier
✭✭✭✭
getting 1 shot by 810 cp players who no life it as an intro experience, ya, you guys didnt think to make a newbie friendly pvp mode? to gate cp ? to do anything to not make it literally 1 shot your dead ?
  • clarkkent
    clarkkent
    Hey man cp doesn't work in bgs so plz just git gud
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol no CP in BG's bud. Epic fail
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    clarkkent wrote: »
    Hey man cp doesn't work in bgs so plz just git gud

Yeah BGs is no CP only. But I can sympathize with how daunting being new to PvP is. It has a very steep learning curve and you are not alone in being confounded by how easily you died at first. We have all been there. If you are under level 50 then you will be placed in under 50 BGs even though there may be more knowledgeable players there. You can also go to the Kyne campaign in Cyrodiil which is also under 50 only. Once you hit 50 you will unfortunately just have to make your way amongst strong players with lots of gear. But again BGs is no CP as is the Sotha Sil Cyrodiil campaign.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kratier wrote: »
    getting 1 shot by 810 cp players who no life it as an intro experience, ya, you guys didnt think to make a newbie friendly pvp mode? to gate cp ? to do anything to not make it literally 1 shot your dead ?

Did you play L1-49 BG as that's the intro (granted some experienced players use that as a stomping ground)

Also, as above comments CP is off in BG, this everyone is the same, L50, 160CP gear.

What's your build / setup? How much crit resistance?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Champion Points themselves are not in effect in Battlegrounds; all that matters in that regard is that you get to at least CP 160 in order to equip the highest level gear.

Speaking of which, what gear are you wearing? What traits do you have on that gear? For someone that's new to PvP, you definitely need to build in some survivability (I'd personally advise doing that for most classes anyway, even if you're experienced). Aim for all 7 armor pieces having the Impenetrable trait, and try to get your resistances to at least 20k buffed (make sure you have a source of Major Resolve and Major Ward going). Using the Protective trait on your jewelry can be a big help in reaching that goal.

What class and build (Magicka or Stamina) are you running right now? I'm sure you can get some build advice. That won't immediately turn you into a wrecking machine, but it'll certainly help get you on the right path.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP means relatively nothing in BGs. If you are under CP 160 after level 50 you will get decimated, but that’s your own fault. When you hit level 50, you need to wait until you’ve hit CP 160 and acquired level capped gear before doing BGs again so you can actually compete. I get SO ANGRY when I see a sub CP 160 player who leveled through BGs and ended up with an artificially inflated MMR crying about how this game sucks, only to find that they’re wearing mismatched level 30 gear.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you guys didnt think to make a newbie friendly pvp mode??

with cuddles and kisses?
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you guys didnt think to make a newbie friendly pvp mode??

with cuddles and kisses?

A mode where we throw pies at each other
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you bite your thumb at me, sir?
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a l2p issue
  • Haojin
    Haojin
    ✭✭✭
    it's a matter of gitgud mate.

-is your build/gear made for battlegrounds?
    -do you have enough sustain in no-cp ?
    -do you have 6-7 impen trair on gear ?
    -are you refreshing your buffs/self heals on cooldown ?
    -are you actively dodge roll, break free, block ?
    -are you checking your positioning ?
    -do you use line of sight ?
    -do you know burst combos ?
    -are you checking your self debuffs to understand if you are under pressure ?
    -are you using templar synergy for cleanse (if your team got it) ?
    -are you using synergies in general ?
    Guildmaster of Phalanx

PC-EU Vivec/Sotha Sil
    Hao Jin [Stamden]
    Haojun [Stamdk]
    Haojin [Stamsorc]
    Hao'jin [Stamplar]
    Food Fetish [Stamblade]

• bigelle.x3_ESO
    bigelle.x3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Some things I learned for pvp that really improved my game:

Positioning is the most important aspect of pvp. Be aware of your surroundings. Dont engage a team when the other team is there to sandwich you. Outnumbered? Fight one while being out of line of sight of the others. Being ranged? Use an obstacle to be out of line of sight. Low health? Stay out of line of sight and heal. Line of sight.

Always have buffs up. I'd let my major and minor buffs fall off to keep hammering away with dizzy swing and no, don't do that.

Learn a combo for your class. Try to pull it off as much as you can. Play a warden? Try to land a sub assault into a cc into a dawnbreaker into an execute for example. Similarly, look for combos other people do. See someone about to launch that sub assault combo? Stun and then go behind to not be hit by it. Or block.

CC. Use it to set up your big hits like ults or crystal frags or sub assault or whatever. Reverberating bash, fossilize, draining shot, javelin, destructive reach, etc.

Have a pvp build with crit resist. Keep it simple. Have a couple of main attacks, then the rest should be things to keep you alive like heals, buffs, and mobility, or help you deal damage like cc or a gap closer or passives. The gear should compliment the playstyle. For example if you want to be a bruiser, run an offensive heavy set like seventh legion, with enough healing to keep you in the fray, or maybe a heavy sustain set with an offensive set in jewelry + weapons.

Once you have a build, play some matches. Find out what your weaknesses are and adjust. Snares killing you? Put forward momentum in there. Out of resources? Heavy attack more or use a sustain set and/or sustain skills. Getting one shot? Wear impen gear, run a defensive set, have major ward and resolve up at all times, use defensive skills like wings or shimmering shield or wards, or maybe going back to #1, position yourself better so you're not eating unnecessary cleave.

Wait for your team. If your team is respawning and you go out there alone, you'll probably die. Then when your team respawns, you wont be there because now you're respawning and your team is now at a numbers disadvantage.

Good luck out there!
  • Gretzel
    Gretzel
    ✭✭✭

It doesnt matter how long you play. BGs are a failure of an idea. I'll take 3 dcs an hour in cyrodiil any day.
    Sorc dps / DK tank / Templar healer - Xbox NA - Black Marsh Legion - cp 270
  • bigelle.x3_ESO
    bigelle.x3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Gretzel wrote: »
    It doesnt matter how long you play. BGs are a failure of an idea. I'll take 3 dcs an hour in cyrodiil any day.

Having no structured pvp, which happens to be the most popular form of pvp in mmos, like every other mmo is a failure of an idea.
    Edited by bigelle.x3_ESO on April 19, 2019 8:48PM