Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crash, crash...Crash, CRASH, CRash and other crashes in Cyrodill

Monsoon
Monsoon
✭✭✭
This is really starting to get on my nerves...especially when there is no error report and blank crash reporter.

Walk to a keep...crash
Port to a wayshrine...crash
turn the camera around...crash

Every 10 minutes. And the worst part is that if you are in an advance keep under attack and staying there is super important you get F'ing ported back to the starter area when you manage to log back in.

I have about 4Gigs of mem free AFTER loading the game and never ever ever crashed in PVE. Crash, crash...crash and crash again...awesome PVP guys
Edited by Monsoon on April 2, 2014 9:10PM
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    I just got AGAIN into Crashistan after flying Crash Airlines and again it ported me back to the starter area. how infuriating can it be to play a game that tell you F you everytime you are in a combat zone and forces you to wayshrine and walk back

And once again ZERO report from the crash reporter...blank empty

Awesome client you got there Lou
  • rebelcoder
    Yup, non stop crashing in Cyrodiil.
  • brotherz
    brotherz
    I am also experiencing this.
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there, folks. In Cyrodiil especially, it may help to lower your graphics settings. We are looking into this issue, and appreciate your patience.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Dimillian
    Dimillian
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the 32 bits client run out of memory in Cyrodiil, what you can do is lower your texture quality to medium while in Cyrodiil, it'll help prevent crash
  • Corew
    Corew
    ✭✭✭
    Afaik there's nothing that can prevent the crashes, sooner or later it WILL crash regardless.. What makes me wonder though, why is there only a 32-bit client? Doesn't make much sense does it?
  • augustgrace
    augustgrace
    ✭✭
    Joining a large group in Cyrodiil seems to dramatically increase incidents of crashing. Would that indicate a large amount of memory/info being pushed out regarding group members, that's is causing issues? I remember in WAR raid info could cause fps drops/hitching due to an excessively high refresh rate on party info.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Afaik there's nothing that can prevent the crashes, sooner or later it WILL crash regardless.. What makes me wonder though, why is there only a 32-bit client? Doesn't make much sense does it?
    There is a 32-bit client for both PC & Mac. The main reason apparently is their goal to provide support for computers up to five years old; so including XP users (All Macs with Minimum Spec. have 64-bit OS):
    "Our plan is to have ESO run on just about any PC or Mac – laptops included – that have been bought in the last five years," he said. "Of course the better your computer’s graphics capability, the better the game looks, but we want to be sure that just about anyone can play the game and have a great time exploring Tamriel."
    source
  • rebelcoder
    Hi there, folks. In Cyrodiil especially, it may help to lower your graphics settings. We are looking into this issue, and appreciate your patience.

Any idea when/if this is getting fixed?

• Dominion
    Dominion
    ✭✭
    Any update if the ZOS team has found the cause of these crashes? Seems to happen alot to multiple people Pc and Mac alike. Id assume it should be something easy enough to find with all these crash reports going out etc.
    @ZOS_TristanK @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Zilbo
    Zilbo
    I have this aswel, my internet is more than fine 20ms 4up 18dw, running a 560ti, i52500k at 3.60, 8gb ram,
    So it's not my internet, not my graphics, not my processor or my ram. never had this on any other game or mmo, I'm quite the vet for gaming if i'm honest,
    so what could it be, i just want to play the game?
  • Dominion
    Dominion
    ✭✭
    Ya my internet isnt the greatest but it should have NO problem running ESO even with thousands of people. Even so it wouldnt cause a client crash but rather a logout or disconnect.
  • Zilbo
    Zilbo
    Getting unknown error from loading in,
    I have no packet loss from isp, also no add-ons installed.
    Frustration is an understatment.
  • Zilbo
    Zilbo
    Right now I can play GW2 in a massive zerg vs zerg in pvp and have no issues, but having a pve battle against a mob with another player will kill the game.
  • Samiri
    Samiri
    ✭✭✭
    Its like its GuildWars 2 all over again!!

How was it that ended again??
    T_T
  • Zilbo
    Zilbo
    that game work 100% fine for me, not issues at all same as every other apart from this
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    Zilbo wrote: »
    that game work 100% fine for me, not issues at all same as every other apart from this

Are you saying you had ZERO crashes in Cyrodill and played in there for an hour? Do you have some sort of magical mac client?
    Edited by Monsoon on April 10, 2014 11:28PM
  • rebelcoder
    Monsoon wrote: »

Are you saying you had ZERO crashes in Cyrodill and played in there for an hour? Do you have some sort of magical mac client?

Yea, I want to a link to this magical mac client that doesn't crash in Cyrodiil.

Who are you trying to fool? It's an established FACT that the mac client is borked because of memory mismanagement.
    Edited by ZOS_JoanaL on April 11, 2014 3:53AM
  • Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭

This one understands @ZOS_TristanK's sentiment, but is already unhappy about his GPU/CPU not used to full potential. Perhaps opening hardware use, yes? Ri'Dariit understands many problems are with the game, but now Tristan asking us to play MineScrolls on high end Computer?
    Edited by Ri_Dariit on April 11, 2014 2:09AM
    Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    rebelcoder wrote: »

Yea, I want to a link to this magical mac client that doesn't crash in Cyrodiil.

Who are you trying to fool? It's an established FACT that the mac client is borked because of memory mismanagement.
    Before knocking someone else who may have a different experience and view from yours, you may want to check what he actually said, which is agreeing with you...

Not everyone has English as a first language.
  • Gajalu
    Gajalu
    So is this actually EVER going to get fixed client side or will this end like the GW2 Mac Wine Port?

Would love to know if I will be able to play PvP on my Mac in the next Month or if I have to cancel my sub.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    If I can not play Cyrodill when the free 30 days expire, there is 0% chances I will keep a subscription for a game I can not play. Fairly simple
  • ldwulfub17_ESO
    I dropped graphics and all other settings to low. It still crashes.
  • ldwulfub17_ESO
    Also, please replace the spinning wheel of ESO death on the area load screens with useful information like what process is currently hanging... Then we could actually provide real feedback to you.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    Its called the Endless Loading Screen of Spinning Death
  • Gajalu
    Gajalu
    Well I essentially payed for a game whose content is only 50% finished for Mac. The PvP content is inaccessible at the moment. I would love to have 50% of my money back please.
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭

"apart from this".

I only seem to crash often when in a big group. Then there are a lot of others in the group that also crashes, I wonder what's up with that.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    Found this on reddit
    83XzCLy.jpg
    Edited by Monsoon on April 12, 2014 4:15PM
  • Gajalu
    Gajalu
    Pretty damn accurate.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Found this on reddit
    83XzCLy.jpg
    You've obviously not tried playing EVE with their Transgaming Mac client ;) Now even their CS staff are offering advice how to get it working in Wine... and that's for the same price sub as ESO with a native Mac client.