The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Suggestion: "Eye" Collectible Group

Eiagra
Eiagra
✭✭✭✭✭
It's been a minor but persistent pet peeve that the "blind eye" adornments are under Facial Hair, which prevents comboing beard plus this feature. Why not have a separate "eye" feature and also include different eye colors for those who want to have dichromatic eyes?
      In verity.
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to use oracle eyes AND eyelashes at the same time ^^
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be nice. Stuff like that and makeup shouldn't be under facial hair anyway because it isn't facial hair LOL.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That would be nice. Stuff like that and makeup shouldn't be under facial hair anyway because it isn't facial hair LOL.

Until they come up with a "hairy eyeball" cosmetic.
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hermaeus Mora eyeballs would be an interesting cosmetic. Or eyeball tentacles.
          In verity.
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blind with a beard would be neat. If the Prophet can have scruff and no eyes so can I.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's always been weird to me that they have eye stuff under facial hair. Separate eye section would be great.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I agree. It would also be nice if scars could combine with paints/tattoos.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that some of the mutually exclusive items belong in their own group.
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slight bump to measure interest, and also pose a question: What eye accessories would fit well in this category? Should it include things like spectacles, or only different eyes/eye-effects (glows, etc). Hermaeus Mora eyes and eyeball tentacles were tongue-in-cheek, but maybe not too tongue-in-cheek? (eyeball tongues might be going too far though.)
          In verity.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also annoying that all of the horns and antlers (Orcs and Bosmer, I'm looking at you) are in the facial hair category.
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. A fair point. I wonder how hard it would be to use an "appearance slot" system instead of the current "appearance categories" system. Equip up to, say, 5 different appearance-modding items (arbitrary number), as long as they don't conflict?

Which leads me into wondering if there are conflicts between certain items/categories, and why...
          In verity.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! I would have liked the blinded eyes with some facial hair!

I guess I'd have preferred them to be Facial Markings, but I'm also irritated that I can't have scars and warpaint, so that's not the best idea either. I do like the layering idea.