Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elsweyr Upgrade wiped Elder scrolls

DHANKMAN
DHANKMAN
Just purchased Elsweyr upgrade through Microsoft and now can't launch Tamriel Elderscrolls online game - it is asking me to re-install game from the purchased disk? Have I lost all of my Elder scrolls game save and am I ok to re-install the game as requested (along with 70GB of updates???). I also have upgrades for Morrwind and Summerset installed - why has the purchased upgrade wiped my game data for my original purchase?
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All of your game save data is on ZOS's servers. Don't know about the re-install/wipe issue though.
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Is your base game installed via disk? It may not have deleted the game install, I had the whole game disappear after pre-ordering(but I had the base game from the store not disc)
    I was angry about having to download the game again, luckily a restart of the console brought the game install back without downloading, its possibly a bug I believe, doesnt seem to delete the deta but confuses xbox os by not properly updating the game metadata
  • DHANKMAN
    DHANKMAN
    Thanks Guys, have sorted it out now - I had to re-load the game from disk then apply 70GB of updates which I was not very happy about, but it did not take too long thanks to my 200meg broadband. I tried re-starting my Xbox a few times to see if the game re-appeared as it did this with the Morrowind chapter update (but not the Summerset?). But this time it did not so an re-install was my only option.

Funny thing was that after the installation completed and I had re-started my machine I noticed my XBOX side game save had re-appeared and when I lauched the game it just loaded as per usual straight to my account etc.. but happy all ok again now!