Breaking free twice within 1 second + no use of skillbar = ruined pvp for me

LuxLunae
LuxLunae
✭✭✭✭✭
Now other than the fact that I realized recently I suck both at pvp and pve aspects of ESO. I still hate have my gripes with the game and this video shows what I am talking about.
Now maybe I am wrong about the mechanics of the game.

1. How the hell do I have to break free back to back? WTF is cc immunity for?
2. Nearing the end why the hell can't I use my skill a bar seconds AFTER I roll?
3. This ball group isn't skillful they are using bugs to their advantage IMO...

if you need to speed up vid to 2X to save time. The most notable moments are at 0:48 and 2:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47pXnXwnFho
Edited by LuxLunae on April 9, 2019 9:58AM
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both bugs/lag it looks like. I have had both those things happen to me. It's true, pvp is filled with lag and bugs that can often make it unplayable, if I was to list the issues I get just daily it would be a decent sized list.

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just don’t even bother going to the fights where these ball groups/zergs show up. Performance is one of the reasons why these groups dominate Cyro. Because the good PvPers have long since learned to steer clear. It’s not because big fights aren’t fun but because who wants to try and fight out numbered when you can’t even go through a rotation and you’re ability to mobilize and get out of the way of rolling damage is basically zero due to this kind of bs. The most polarizing feature of ESO PvP is performance.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »
    Now other than the fact that I realized recently I suck both at pvp and pve aspects of ESO. I still hate have my gripes with the game and this video shows what I am talking about.
    Now maybe I am wrong about the mechanics of the game.

1. How the hell do I have to break free back to back? WTF is cc immunity for?
    2. Nearing the end why the hell can't I use my skill a bar seconds AFTER I roll?
    3. This ball group isn't skillful they are using bugs to their advantage IMO...

if you need to speed up vid to 2X to save time. The most notable moments are at 0:48 and 2:12
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47pXnXwnFho

1) Lag
    2) dunno
    3) Unfortunately they have the loudest mouths and biggest egos. You cannot convince someone it's the game doing most of the work and not them.

You'll see them defend assigned weapon spam with gear-sets that are doing most of the lifting.

Game needs to be focused around the classes and not PvE mobs and sets, till that you'll see what you'll see.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Just don’t even bother going to the fights where these ball groups/zergs show up. Performance is one of the reasons why these groups dominate Cyro. Because the good PvPers have long since learned to steer clear. It’s not because big fights aren’t fun but because who wants to try and fight out numbered when you can’t even go through a rotation and you’re ability to mobilize and get out of the way of rolling damage is basically zero due to this kind of bs. The most polarizing feature of ESO PvP is performance.

Excellent summary. Performance is also one of the reasons of heavy armor meta - when you can't defend yourself actively you need to rely on passive defenses. When you play LA/MA build the difference between good and bad performance is stunning - each lag, each freeze, each cc break that takes a bit longer is deadly. On the bright side it taughts a lot so when the performance is ok again it feels like cheating :P
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Quoted post has been removed.]

This is really all that can be seen. But don´t give up. it takes time to get used to PVP.
    Zoom out, don´t use PVE gear and setup, don´t try to play like you do in PVE, don´t try to use a hard set rotation or stuff like that. You have to respond to the things the other players do.

For the start try setups from streamers, get used to them and then change your char the way you prefer to play.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on April 9, 2019 8:27PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game has evolved from alpha to beta in the last years but performance and lag still render it a feeble attempt at a multiplayer game. Just don't expect a working or fun game when you play but a pathetic and ridiculous example of failed development and inept game design. That's how I (try to) deal with prime time PvP.
    Edited by Berenhir on April 9, 2019 9:53AM
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The video was cut to be as small as possible so the upload time would not take time. I am fully aware that it looked like I was a Noob in the video.

It was placed to show that I had to break free twice due to some bug in the game. That random spin2win was just to make people panic and stop hitting the keep. The other times I was just walking around to get the bugs to reproduce and showcase.

I play a build that complements the redguard and my style of play. I don't follow the meta I make it. Remember before commenting about people's skills duel them in the game first THEN come on here and bash their skills. That way one has a solid foundation when they speak.

Also remember that most people showcasing builds edit to show the best of them.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I don’t Cyrodiil.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is why pvp is in such a dismal state and continues to decline.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I see is someone with absolutely no benefit to the group, surfing the zerg with the occasion heavy attack and spin to win. And that's when you get involved, most the time you stay on the outside kiting for some reason even though your a mele spec!
    Edited by Syiccal on April 9, 2019 11:53AM
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

Excellent summary. Performance is also one of the reasons of heavy armor meta - when you can't defend yourself actively you need to rely on passive defenses. When you play LA/MA build the difference between good and bad performance is stunning - each lag, each freeze, each cc break that takes a bit longer is deadly. On the bright side it taughts a lot so when the performance is ok again it feels like cheating :P

I play non meta in exclusively la/ma. The noticable difference in PvP is rediculous. There's no way all three armor types perform within proximity to each other.

Makes it worse in combination with the champ tree and sets.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think they guy posted for his skill evaluation and its not really relevant to what he is showing. No need to derail. This thread is about the poor performance in Cyrodiil.

Unfortunately, OP; I've been here since PC launch and before and there has always been something. Take solace in knowing that your enemy plays the same game as you so they face the same crap. It does favor numbers and ball groups on a basis of odds in numbers and less responsibilities than someone more independently trying to buff, heal, survive and damage all on their own, but its just the brakes. Avoid ball groups or learn when and how you can engage them and pick your fights.
    Edited by technohic on April 9, 2019 12:11PM
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Don't think they guy posted for his skill evaluation and its not really relevant to what he is showing. No need to derail. This thread is about the poor performance in Cyrodiil.

Unfortunately, OP; I've been here since PC launch and before and there has always been something. Take solace in knowing that your enemy plays the same game as you so they face the same crap. It does favor numbers and ball groups on a basis of odds in numbers and less responsibilities than someone more independently trying to buff, heal, survive and damage all on their own, but its just the brakes. Avoid ball groups or learn when and how you can engage them and pick your fights.

Yep, Assigned Spam (ball) and Button Mashing (Zerg) has been given priority over the individual.

Wish they would stop balancing the game around mobs and balance the game around the classes, those problems would quickly fade away.

A lot of people here who just don't realize it's the game and not them.

• MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    On the bright side it taughts a lot so when the performance is ok again it feels like cheating :P

I ran into this a week ago - happened to get a ping of 107 in vivec and:
    • Weapon swap happened, when I told it to
    • Skills went off, when I told them to
    • I could mount, when I told it to

It did seriously feel like cheating - I was blessed by some cosmic entities that afternoon.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm impressed you were able to break free twice in a row like that I havnt been able to break free since Wrathstone launched
  • nekura
    nekura
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    All I see is someone with absolutely no benefit to the group, surfing the zerg with the occasion heavy attack and spin to win. And that's when you get involved, most the time you stay on the outside kiting for some reason even though your a mele spec!

You missed the point of the post. They were "kiting" on the side, because they could not activate skills. You could see the icons trying to activate and their bars are all grey at some point.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Whole CC system is broken as ***.
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol this ish happens in BGS, Its just the servers being *** sadly part of ESO pvp sadly. Wich is why i try my absolute hardest at trying to not frustrated by it. I literally have to pep talk my self when i go into pvp lmao
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    BG is better anyways, also no cp doesnt lag
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember a time when if you said this happened people would say it was impossible lol now look
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on April 18, 2019 2:40PM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, and these players have no idea that they are the very cause of the lag :(
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThanatosXR wrote: »
    BG is better anyways, also no cp doesnt lag

Yes it does lag and just as bad. This is flat out false. 2 years ago they tested PVP without CP and it was crazy lag its all about Ball Zerg lag nothing to do with CP ... However I do think similar as you in one way. I do think CP does add mutlple levels of added calculations. A NON CP VEVIC does and would lag.

BG are not properly balanced. IMO DOTS are way to strong and certin sets are broken ... The game is not ballanced around NONE CP.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »
    The Whole CC system is broken as ***.

Yep. Had a video of someone I went up against, and no matter what, as soon as I hit them with a CC, they'd break free almost as soon as it touched them. I swear, it seemed they'd break free before it touched them in some cases.
    Yet when I get a CC on me, I have to mash my L1+R1 (ps4) three or four times before it responds.

Broken indeed...

Still don't know how that player was breaking free that effectively.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    This is why pvp is in such a dismal state and continues to decline.

Well, it's one of the reasons. Not the only one.

I'd also like to note that CC breaking fear can still be buggy, but it appears to happen more often if you're immobilized (Talons, cripple, etc).
    I'm just spitballing here, but perhaps when you attempt to CC break, the game thinks you're immobilized, not hard CC'd, which is obviously not going to do anything.