The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to not get caught by your boss while browsing TESO forums

rvr1982
rvr1982
✭✭
Hi there,
While i really like the graphics of this website, it is just impossible for me at work to browse a forum with a huge picture of an elf and a rogue on the top corners. If my boss sees me, he will say something.
So i've been searching the web for a solution, and here it is, in case someone else has the same kind of problem at work :)

it is an add-on for firefox, called "no color". you will find it easily by googling "firefox addon no color".
What it does : it adds a little icon on the bottom right of your browser. When clicked, the background images and background color are set to white. text colors are set to black, and link colors are set to blue.

Basically, all the webpages you are browsing become completely neutral. No more worries about your boss lurking in your back while commenting a post of some player who asks for payback in the support section^^

Hope this helps :)
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭
    Got no problems here, but that is a good information to those that are in need of going "sneaky" in forums. Thanks for the information @rvr1982‌
    Egypt and Antarctica kills off more investigators each year than cancer does.
    Old Call of Cthulhu fact.
  • MikVis
    MikVis
    Haha, absolutely brilliant that you came up with this! Well, it's that i'am working in a secured desktop area so i can't use your tip but certainly would have if i were able to!
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
  • rvr1982
    rvr1982
    ✭✭
    Sorry boss ! :(
  • Chalybos
    Chalybos
    ✭✭✭
    My solution's better: get the boss to start playing. B)
  • McUsher
    McUsher
    ✭✭
    I am a game developer, and browsing the forums here is "research" hahaha :)
    Are you still old school or yet unprogressive?
  • brada
    brada
    I'm currently at a work (graphic design), and when my boss saw header he just told me "oh, nice graphics, this is the game you were talking about?" :smiley:
  • Evelyn_Nightingale
    Evelyn_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭
    I have my screen oriented so that anyone entering the room I'm in doesn't see what I'm looking at. I can easily use keyboard shortcuts to navigate away from the web page before they get into a position where they can see my screen. I also have a second screen that they can see before my other. I have the more productive-looking stuff displaying on the second screen. But my supervisor and coworkers probably don't care much. They all do the same thing since we're short on work at the moment.
    Edited by Evelyn_Nightingale on April 10, 2014 7:49PM
    Ebonheart Pact :: Nord Dragon Knight :: Blacksmith
  • gstewart0413b14_ESO
    Chalybos wrote: »
    My solution's better: get the boss to start playing. B)
    Mine does and so does his boss

• Zooce
    Zooce
    ✭✭✭
    I am the boss :p
  • SuperScrubby
    SuperScrubby
    ✭✭✭
    I have big spreadsheets with a small browser window so I can switch really quick. Or if I need to I'll have google news open so if I do get caught it looks like I was trying to stay current with some business news or something.