The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting points

Greywolf46
Greywolf46
✭✭✭
When I left ESO several years ago the number of crafting point to distribute made it necessary to devote one character to each craft. Today as I try to get in touch with the changes in the game I see that all my dedicated crafters have 119 skill points available to them for distribution. Does this mean that one character can be a master craftsman for all the different crafts?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can, especially if you have any/all of the DLCs.
    However, if you have already completed research on multiple crafting characters, it may be easier to stick with those.

I have 3 main crafters that split the crafting trees among them. This was the easiest setup to get started quick back at PC launch and i stuck with it.

Really the only downside is that if you want to cross pollinate styles and are hunting for achievements you may need more than one copy of a motif page.

In my instance, i have most styles completely covered but no one single character has all items for a particular style unlocked (besides the base styles).

Meaning, my woodworker knows how to make staves, bows and shields in a particular style while my blacksmith only knows the heavy armor parts of that style etc.
    bye1.gif
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one crafter, my main. He has all crafting fully unlocked and all of his skills/passives as well, and I now have left over skills points to invest in maybe PvP skill lines or something... I dunno what yet. So it's def doable.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With over 400 skill points in the game now, @Greywolf46, you can definitely do both if you’re diligent about acquiring skill points.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greywolf46 wrote: »
    When I left ESO several years ago the number of crafting point to distribute made it necessary to devote one character to each craft. Today as I try to get in touch with the changes in the game I see that all my dedicated crafters have 119 skill points available to them for distribution. Does this mean that one character can be a master craftsman for all the different crafts?

At the end of the first year this game was out I had two characters that each had 3 crafts with plenty of points still available. Not even a year later I had both characters with all 6 crafts. Now with all 7 crafts. Both characters can perform two combat roles well and still have points left over.

It is merely that you did not work to get many SPs. You can easily get a lot more.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still a pain to get enough skill points for all my crafters. It just takes time, but that adds up to a lot of time starting out....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    412 Skill Points as of Wrathstone DLC - You can craft everything with just 89 (after Trait Research is done - 16 refunded)

You can get 237 Skill Points with just Base Game - L1-50 - Main Story - Alliances/Cold Harbor Stories - Skyshards