The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Just bought DLC and it turns out it was free?

XBenedict
XBenedict
Soul Shriven
Just bought a chunk of DLC with my accumulated crowns. Don’t often look at the store as I’m not interested in most of the stuff there, so decided to buy some additional content.

I’ve since read that all the DLC is free anyway given I’m on ESO plus! Is that true?

Wondering why the DLC is not greyed out in the store if I already have it. Seems wierd not to warn people they are wasting their crowns.

I read that if you buy the DLC, you get to use it even if you are not on ESO plus. Well, given the game is unplayable with bagspace the size of a wallnut, that is never going to happen.

Any way to reverse these purchases?
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't free if you are a Subscriber. It is open to you to use but if you stop your Subscription it becomes locked content unless you buy it.

• Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they're on sale I buy them just in case my money gets tight and I have to let my sub go for a while so I'll still be able to access everything. It's worth it to me. If it isn't to you and since you are subbed you want your crowns back you can put in a ticket and ask, they may say no but you never know.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @XBenedict I would suggest opening a support ticket. They are very responsive when it comes to crown store issues. I have been able to get at least two refunds on mistake purchases, and if you just explain what happened and that you weren't aware that you already had access to it then I would say there's a good chance they will refund you based on my experiences. Do be aware you might have to respond to a couple of emails before you get to a real person and not an automated response.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you ever lost sub for some reason you would be locked out.
    i bought the ones i really like and love, just to be safe.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They're not greyed out in the store for ESO+ members since you technically don't own them. You only have access to them as an ESO+ member. And, as others have said, if you stop subbing, then you will still have access to the content if you've purchased the DLC.

Since you said that there isn't anything else in the CS that you're interested in, unless you really want those crowns back for some possible items you might be interested in, in future, then you might consider just keeping the purchase, as you now own those DLC. However, it you truly have no plans to ever unsub, then perhaps requesting a refund would be best for you.
  • Flares
    Flares
    ✭✭✭
    If you purchased within a day or two you can get a refund
  • XBenedict
    XBenedict
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the replies and explanations!