The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A new PVP zone

Sheuib
Sheuib
✭✭✭✭
I would really like to see a new PVP zone. It would be great if they made one of the upcoming updates a new zone that had open world free for all PVP. The only people you cannot target or can heal are people in your group.

Have this zone be a regular zone that has a quest line in it, towns, and world bosses. PVP in towns would cause a bounty and make guards attack you.

Have outposts that a group can take control of and obtain some sort of reward for holding it. Another group can seige the outpost and take control of it. However, the outpost goes back to neutral as soon as the group breaks up so no one can hold it indefinitely.

It would still be the open world feel like cyrodiil but have an actual group play style vs an alliance play style. You could even add in some sort of currency like telvar stones in this zone.

I think this is the PVP gap that the PVP crowd is looking for. It's just you and your group vs the zone. No 50 person zergs running you down.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would have to have a group limit of 3 or 4
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS already tried a PvP/PvE zone. The PVE folks trying to do PVE got fed up with the PvP gankers and left. Making a free for all PvP zone with a quest line to lure in people that don't PvP will end up the same way.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    ZOS already tried a PvP/PvE zone. The PVE folks trying to do PVE got fed up with the PvP gankers and left. Making a free for all PvP zone with a quest line to lure in people that don't PvP will end up the same way.

This maybe true but it would be a fun zone for PVP players. And, it is different than all the other PVP options that are locked into the three alliances or three teams. It is your team vs the rest of the zone.
    Would have to have a group limit of 3 or 4

I think limiting it to a 4 man group size would be to restrictive. I don't even think it would be bad to let it be the full large group size. You have to remember this isn't the usual large group with a whole alliance backing them up. This is a large group against the whole rest of the zone. They will still be out numbered.
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would end up being 60 players in stealth trying to gank the 1 guy turning in a quest.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would end up being 60 players in stealth trying to gank the 1 guy turning in a quest.

This is why you put some sort of PvP objective like an outpost for a group to take. Allow some sort of benefit or reward for owning it.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »

This is why you put some sort of PvP objective like an outpost for a group to take. Allow some sort of benefit or reward for owning it.

In a free for all PvP zone, who would own that outpost? Like said before, t would just be a zerg waiting to gank a solo player.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would enjoy this, but I can tell you right now why it doesn't exist and probably never will: ZOS has a track record of not liking or encouraging unstructured play. Case in point: when ZOS "improved" the Imperial City by introducing flag capture and disabling speedy respawns, they effectively killed the fun 3-way battles that were happening during prime time in Arboretum and Memorial districts.

On the other hand, ZOS has fired some guys recently and brought in some new guys, so maybe there is a possibility they would support something like this... time will tell.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE