Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Seeking help for vma, icy lake. Ps4

alison22000
I am seeking some legit people who honestly would like to help someone in need. I will not pay for it and I will not give any account info. I am stuck at the icy lake and cannot progress. I have only got to 50% then I somehow got arrowed by 6 hits when only 1 was alive. I am dying where I shouldn’t and surviving where I definitely could not. There is so many bugs in this stage it’s unbelievable. I’m not requesting to be told how to run the stage, I know all that. I have watched so many vids and read so many guides. None of it fixes 1 shots that shouldn’t happen. Hopefully someone with experience can help me through the round. I can use shareplay ps4. Thank you to anyone who can help.
Edited by alison22000 on April 13, 2019 4:50AM
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You have to focus the adds. The bosses will not [generally] be the ones to kill you in there, barring the ice-floe smashing mechanic, which you can control because the breakage is based on the Boss's health percentage. If there are a lot of adds up, ignore the boss for a moment and range the adds. They die really quickly, so a few focused seconds should do the trick. Then you can go back to dpsing the giant.

This is one of the two most frustrating rounds for the majority of players, so take it easy on yourself. Just slow down, stay focused, and keep scanning for new add spawns.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you nailing the interupts? After i figured out that part, that round went ok.
    Boss round was the same for me. Interupts were key
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Defense sigil sends the arrows back at the attackers, I would save it for the end.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slow the fight down, boss health % calls adds and tines platform smash.
    Burb boss, kill adds, next platform, repeat. End on platform with two siguls.

Odds are boss stomp, platform smash are killing you.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • alison22000
    Understanding the mechanics is not the problem. I don’t need tutoring, as I stated, I have watched guides and followed written guides. The problem is me physically not being able to complete this stage. I do have shareplay if anyone is able to assist me. Once again, I will not pay for help or give out account details. I am hoping there are some players out there that understand my frustration and are able to help me. My user name is AlyKat1977 thank you to anyone who can be if further assistance.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    from what your saying it sounds alot like lag issues, if you are getting hit from something you are not seeing, the round does have a few bugs even on pc
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to contact you in-game but I don't think we share platforms and regions. It would be helpful to post that if you want help.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @weg0 i think OP is on PS4
  • alison22000
    @weg0 As i stated in my 1st post, I am on ps4. The difference between eu or na doesn’t matter with shareplay. 👍
    Edited by alison22000 on April 13, 2019 4:53AM
  • alison22000
    Oh is this pc thread ?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Understanding the mechanics is not the problem. I don’t need tutoring, as I stated, I have watched guides and followed written guides. The problem is me physically not being able to complete this stage. I do have shareplay if anyone is able to assist me. Once again, I will not pay for help or give out account details. I am hoping there are some players out there that understand my frustration and are able to help me. My user name is AlyKat1977 thank you to anyone who can be if further assistance.

Honnestly @alison22000 am just trying to help. Whilst you say mechanics aren't the problem they are, I'm 99% sure.

Sure if you have lag or a bug happen that's different, however in which case folks cant help you!! however general frustration in vMA is not completely understand the nuances of the mechanics. And missing 1% will kill you.

That's most apparent on the last stage. People die 200 times to get their first clear, then do it first time the second run. It's generally not about not being able to do it - its about not completely knowing how.

Alot of guides online are for score runs or experienced players with 45k DPS. Not for first time clears. Be careful.

How about you type out the approach you are doing? That way checking you have the mechs and timings, and the right way to tackle then down. Just in case....

Build rarely matters if you trying to clear, but mentioning it might help, some CP mitigation can help you here, but honnestly its about slowing your boss burn, focusing targets, understanding the triggers stages, sigil timing and trolls.

Also share your death recaps. As investigation there will help.

Edited by Beardimus on April 13, 2019 9:26AM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I missed that.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean 50% of the whole Ice stage, or the boss round? Also, what class do you play? If you are melee it's trickier, you might want to just kill the trolls from a dictance instead of traversing water to interrupt and then kill them, because the DOT from the water builds up fast and you have no shields in that case. If you are ranged crushing shock will buy you time. When adds spawn, move a little backwards on your current platform and that will pull them closer to you so you can aoe them down. If you want to prioritize one, I would say the Chillbane mages that shoot the ice attacks (DK wings can reflect those). Have ultimate ready for round 3, use it on the first batch of adds, and then maybe take the defensive sigil for the second wave. That round is the hardest I find, and having ulti when it starts helps a lot. You can build ulti on round 1 and 2 mini bosses, they don't hit that hard. Then for the final boss round: start on the haste sigil platform, the adds spawn to its right, don't kill the boss too fast, deal with the adds first, and then focus boss. When she breaks that platform, go to the healing sigil one, and deal with the second add wave (they come from a spot between that platform and the last platform). Every time she breaks a platform, a lemeneid will spawn, best to kill that before the other adds spawn. Finally move to the last platform, get the defensive sigil if you must, and kill the boss (with the sigil on, you don't have to mind the 3rd wave of adds either).
  • alison22000
    I am able to get to the boss. The adds and ice seem to get my the most. I am a pet sorc. I am trying to use crushing shock to interrupt the trolls. But other adds and the boss can block the way, making it very difficult. I am also dying to things I shouldn’t. I have been at full health and then insta killed by the boss or the ice.

I use hardened ward and sometimes it feels to have minimal affect. My twilight sometimes needs to be spammed to heal properly. I am unable to show recaps of deaths. But getting to the boss fight I can do. But getting past 50% I cannot.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am able to get to the boss. The adds and ice seem to get my the most. I am a pet sorc. I am trying to use crushing shock to interrupt the trolls. But other adds and the boss can block the way, making it very difficult. I am also dying to things I shouldn’t. I have been at full health and then insta killed by the boss or the ice.

I use hardened ward and sometimes it feels to have minimal affect. My twilight sometimes needs to be spammed to heal properly. I am unable to show recaps of deaths. But getting to the boss fight I can do. But getting past 50% I cannot.

Yeah the boss's club attack can kill you if you don't block/dodge it--though what do you mean by ice? The water? You can only get strong shields if you have a lot of health with the way they scale now, they're not what they used to be, also try to cast them preemptively, and not when your health is already down. I personally use the familiar pet and then surge for heals on sorc, but if you need a non-conditional heal, the twilight is ok, although costly. If you are having trouble past 50% try this: keep your ulti for the second wave of adds, and not the first wave, since the latter are easier to deal with and you won't have a lemeneid up then. After the adds are down, get the defensive and power sigils and focus on boss on the third platform.
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    This honestly sounds like a pacing issue--basically, you're dpsing the boss too quickly, and are getting overwhelmed by the adds.

There are a set amount of adds of for each "Stage" of the Matriarch Runa fight. So basically, slow your roll, kill the 2 adds and 1 troll that spawn, then attack the boss again. After she smashes an ice pad, repeat this process til she's dead.

As other posters have mentioned, the ranged adds (ice mages and archers) are the biggest threat in the whole round. If you aren't a DK with reflective wings, you just gotta focus on the adds asap. And importantly, you cannot be on the same ice pad as the boss when she destroys it. That is an unavoidable one shot by design, not a "bug."

And trust me, if you're struggling with this, it's a problem with mechanics / kill order / technique. Literally everyone struggles in vMA the first time, so don't be discouraged!
  • alison22000
    The adds don’t stop spawning. So how do I know I have killed the correct amount of adds ?
  • alison22000
    I did it. I finally beat the bugger. Today I got him down to 5% but died 3 times. I took the health thingy only and I managed to finally get past the icy lake. Now I gotta learn the next round. Thank you for your advices everyone. Any tips for here ?