Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Improve Crafting Interface for Console

Starlock
Starlock
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not sure who the relevant Zenimax person would be to tag on this so I'll do without, but there are a few suggestions that have been floating around in my mind for quite some time that would be great improvements to the console-side crafting interface. These are all small changes that should be relatively easy to implement but would be really nice for us:
  • Larger Preview Icons. The crafting interface features four areas that let us customize the gear: type, material, style, and trait. Each of these comes with a set of preview icons. On console, these icons are strangely tiny and there is a lot of unused empty space around them. For the type preview icon in particular, it is difficult to make out any details. The size of these icons could easily be doubled and still fit in the space allotted.
  • Hold-to-Scroll for Styles. Back when there were fewer than 20 styles in the game, needing to push the d-pad or analog stick each time you wanted to shift over to select a different style stone wasn't that big of a deal. The game now has over 60 styles and counting. If we want to craft something in, for example, elder argonian we have to push the d-pad button dozens of times to get to that style stone. This hurts our hands! Please change this so if we hold down the d-pad or the analog stick, it will scroll through style stones.

Feel free to add other suggestions for crafting-related interface improvements.
  • mknepfler
    mknepfler
    ✭✭
    -Add bulk craft to Potions/food
    -Check mark multiple items to mass deconstruct, or add a deconstruct pile that we can add items to, so we can deconstruct all at once, whatever is easier.
    -Stop glyphs from shifting after every extraction, or allow us to lock glyphs so I don't accidentally extract a gold glyph due to the shifting
    -When a crafting station is open, show us the appropriate writ quest associated to the station for ease.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    - Be able to lock glyphs to prevent accidental deconstruction.
    - Know crafting research needs on other characters so we don't deconstruct something we need on another character.
    - Guidance on where to go to craft a specific named item (i.e. Julianos) - in game, not just a Google search.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three of these in particular!

- Larger preview of the item we are about to make. Some of us do like to be as stylish as we can without having to visit the outfit station. Why give us all these styles as craftable if you make it nearly impossible to see what we're making?

- Show us the applicable crafting writ somewhere in the window. If I have the clothing station open, tell me I have a writ to make clothing items and what items are needed. Give players who find that annoying an option to turn it off.

- Use a different colored icon to tell me another character on my account can use an item for research. Give me my magnifying glass, or nothing if I don't need this piece for research. Then put next to it (or the space) a colored dot that means another character does need this piece. Then I won't deconstruct useful items for my other characters. It would obviously only work on pieces that were in the bank. If I held it on my character's person, it wouldn't be able to know another character needed that piece.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One thing I wish they would along with the other great ideas already mentioned above. Set the default crafting material to the highest we can craft. It bugs me to no end to do max level writs and must start at level one on every character just automatically start with level 150 and I can move down to lower levels if need but let the default be the character crafting level. Sort of the same thing when you go to a set crafting station you always start making the crafted set and have to move left to make a regular set