Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grand Overlord outfit

Cleveland521
Cleveland521
✭✭✭
can the Devs make outfits that are awarded to pvp players that make Grand Warlord and Grand Overlord? We worked hard to achieve these ranks and it would be only logical that a costume would be awarded for this achievement. After all pve players get costumes up to co 160 the imperial chancellor outfit.
Edited by Cleveland521 on September 16, 2019 7:28PM
  • Bored_Owl
    Bored_Owl
    ✭✭
    That would be awesome! I'd love a costume to show off my rank (assuming I ever get it lol). I mean, there is an Emperor costume, but as a healer it's a bit harder for me to obtain than, say a Grand Overlord costume I can eventually get through normal play. Like, it's the highest rank you can obtain normally, so we should get something special for it.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    outfit, mount, pet or even a personality for reaching Grand Warlord would be great
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding another art asset that will add even more client stutter to cyrodiil doesn't seem like a good pvp reward.
  • Cleveland521
    Cleveland521
    ✭✭✭
    My aren’t we a veritable treasure trove of linguistic anomaly’s? Lol
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP is not only for PvP.
  • Cleveland521
    Cleveland521
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Adding another art asset that will add even more client stutter to cyrodiil doesn't seem like a good pvp reward.

Stutter? That’s that?

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ban all costumes, outfits, motifs from cyrodiil?
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just ban all clothing, weapons, and turn Cyrodiil into a mudpit.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An option to force(only you see) everyone wear depending on their cyro rank & armor material would be nice. Low ranks will wear garbage uniform, mids will be nice looking, top ranks will wear alliance motif. This may improve performance.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be all for that. ZOS has added way too many cosmetics. Gameplay is more important than aesthetics. It's not like anyone should care about how one is dressed in a pvp zone anyway.

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd be all for that. ZOS has added way too many cosmetics. Gameplay is more important than aesthetics. It's not like anyone should care about how one is dressed in a pvp zone anyway.

For many the RPG in a MMORPG includes aesthetics just as much as allocating skill points and making decisions without real consequences in some side quest. So I doubt the player base would overall be happy about that.

+ I wasn't around at that time but from what I've read the performance went down after the "lightning patch", where they added some FX (and cheating prevention or do I mix this up?). A costume more or less shouldn't put the main strain on the server. They aren't the main culprits here.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd rather have more (or new pvp titles that are not tied to alliance points or battlegrounds)

All the pvp titles are dull and outdated. While there are some newer ones in battlegrounds, I can imagine theres a few people who prefer cyrodiil over bgs.
    EU | PC
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    + I wasn't around at that time but from what I've read the performance went down after the "lightning patch", where they added some FX (and cheating prevention or do I mix this up?). A costume more or less shouldn't put the main strain on the server. They aren't the main culprits here.
    The anti-bot/cheat code is a myth and the changes made to lighting in 2014 aren't at all relevant to any performance issues today. I'm also not describing server-side lag, but stress on the client.

The problem with art assets is that the game can't hold all art assets in memory at one time. So it is constantly managing assets as other players come and go. The greater the variety, the more processing that is required.

This adds a ton of client stutter in big fights in Cyrodiil. It's especially noticable when a large group arrives or leaves and area where one is fighting. This is the kind of client stutter that players complained about in busy PVE areas when Summerset was released last year.

Cyrodiil would be better for everyone if ZOS reduced the number of styles/mounts/costumes available there. It would give us huge gains without losing anyone, because really, who cares what you look like in a pvp zone? Gah. ESO Players.......
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pvp titles need to be expanded imo. So many ranked 50 players now.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Cleveland521
    Cleveland521
    ✭✭✭
    The anti-bot/cheat code is a myth and the changes made to lighting in 2014 aren't at all relevant to any performance issues today. I'm also not describing server-side lag, but stress on the client.

The problem with art assets is that the game can't hold all art assets in memory at one time. So it is constantly managing assets as other players come and go. The greater the variety, the more processing that is required.

This adds a ton of client stutter in big fights in Cyrodiil. It's especially noticable when a large group arrives or leaves and area where one is fighting. This is the kind of client stutter that players complained about in busy PVE areas when Summerset was released last year.

Cyrodiil would be better for everyone if ZOS reduced the number of styles/mounts/costumes available there. It would give us huge gains without losing anyone, because really, who cares what you look like in a pvp zone? Gah. ESO Players.......
    So the pvp players should only be allowed to wear their alliance outfits only? i.e daggerfall, Aldemeri and Ebonheart outfits purchased in the crown store? And only ride the alliance horse? That would def improve performance issues in pvp.
  • Sybreed_Neurodrive
    Bored_Owl wrote: »
    That would be awesome! I'd love a costume to show off my rank (assuming I ever get it lol). I mean, there is an Emperor costume, but as a healer it's a bit harder for me to obtain than, say a Grand Overlord costume I can eventually get through normal play. Like, it's the highest rank you can obtain normally, so we should get something special for it.

I achieved Emperor on my healer necromancer not long ago, was easier than i thought it would be.
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love a mount or a outfit for GO getting a dye and a scroll furnishing is pretty underwhelming for how long it takes to hit AR 50
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can the Devs make outfits that are awarded to pvp players that make Grand Warlord and Grand Overlord? We worked hard to achieve these ranks and it would be only logical that a costume would be awarded for this achievement. After all pve players get costumes up to co 160 the imperial chancellor outfit.

It could be a trash can.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Cleveland521
    Cleveland521
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, we worked for lvl 50 in pvp, there should be a equal reward outfit for lvl 47 through 50
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I need a reason to suffer through the Lag Fiesta
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It should be a giant Flava Flav clock @ 4:20 which represents that you consumed a lot of time to get the title as well as performance enhancers.
    Edited by NordSwordnBoard on August 1, 2019 6:50PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Cleveland521
    Cleveland521
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you are speaking from experience lol.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The best reward for Grand overlord is : 5 stars near your name.

It's enough for me :)
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Cleveland521
    Cleveland521
    ✭✭✭
    For some that is enough, for some it is not. Democracy right?
  • Sedare
    Sedare
    ✭✭✭

I would support this. on my main toon, it took quite a while to get to level 50 as I'm not one of those who can get 10mil ap every 30 day camp. Level 47 and 49 outfits in addition to the dyes would be pretty cool. Hell an outfit for every rank would be pretty nice tbh. Have them be like the original motif progressions where the outfits get steadily nicer, more ornate, and also very different depending on your playstyle. You could totally make it a choice of mag LA, tanky HA, stealthy MA type costumes. This would give incentive to also pvp level mutliple toons who want to try and get all the outfit variations.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree with the OP! I would say like the last 3 ranks should get costumes.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm unsure, as a PvPer that prefers tactical / strategic play over AP farming dunno how healthy it would be. In the double AP events enough boosting goes on as it is.
    Loads got rank 50 in the first one just boosting through.

It's like the PvEers that want to tick Emp off for that costume, just leads to nefarious play alot of the time

Still, agree for the legit AR50s something nice would be nice.

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I'm unsure, as a PvPer that prefers tactical / strategic play over AP farming dunno how healthy it would be. In the double AP events enough boosting goes on as it is.

It's like the PvEers that want to tick Emp off for that costume, just leads to nefarious play alot of the time

I was little annoyed during last year's Midyear Mayhem when many of the highly skilled b00stlings were flipflopping the district flags, I noticed suddenly many names on my guild rosters locating in Imperial City and also getting insane amounts of ap on leaderboards, suspicious perhaps. I wanted to go kill some district bosses for the event achievements, but decided I don't want to be anywhere near the cheaters...I mean skilled players and stayed away for whole event.

Some cool looking Grand Overlord costume would be great, my plan was to get my third 5 star character this year slowly but surely, but that probably won't ever happen with my stuck account.
  • Cleveland521
    Cleveland521
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

As a legit pvp player it took me almost 2 years to reach Grand Overlord on my healbot so yea I get that. I work full time and can’t spend 24 hrs a day for 5 days in game to make emp. I remember the last event in pvp and it was so frickin laggy I didn’t even play, all those pve players just shooting for those sergeant and above titles to impress their guilds knowing that 1v1 against a real pvp player would be certain death.

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    More PVP costumes would be a nice perk for PVP'ers, and the art department no doubt could do a great one.

But I share Beardimus' reservations about the side-effects these things cause when people go achievement hunting. The Gladiator proofs have been a nice addition that could be expanded. Perhaps include the chance for proofs in RftW containers..