The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Reset MMR?

Volckodav
Volckodav
✭✭✭
Hi,

With time and playing more and more BG, progressing, I'm endfing now only facing big premade and taking looonggg time to queue.
That is not viable in solo anymore.

Is there a way to reset my MMR?
I was thinking about makiing another pvp char and let this one 'rest', bug the question is: how long it will take to make it reset?
Firstly is it even possible to reset?
Does anyone face this before?

Thanks for your help
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same problem before so I started playing BGs with a gamepad instead of mouse and keyboard.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MMR never resets :(

We have reason to believe that it doesn’t go down either, but have heard reports that it might go down if you come in 3rd place.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won't reset
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

We have reason to believe that it doesn’t go down either, but have heard reports that it might go down if you come in 3rd place.
    I sort of wonder if it does decay on its own, over time. A while back there were a lot of high MMR players that were complaining of always having >= 20 minute queues, even when solo, while mine were basically instant. Perhaps I did have fewer games than those people did, but I was still always against high MMR players and premades. The main, obvious difference is that I had quit playing for several months at a time on a few occasions, and I'm pretty sure they (and you) didn't. 'Course, that's not proof of anything; it's possible that my MMR simply stayed stagnant while the other high MMR players continued raising theirs, leaving the system to generally favor putting me in the games over some other players.

Either way, I think there should probably be a cap placed on MMR; there are players in the mid-range that would certainly be able to compete with the higher MMR players that I'm always seeing, and it would mean that queue times would improve drastically for some of us (depending on what the cap is, of course). Good players who spend all of their time in Cyrodiil aren't punished for doing so, and I don't think Battleground players should be, either. I've barely been playing Battlegrounds over the last couple weeks, largely due to how long the queue takes on my Warden. What few games I've done have mostly been on my Templar...which I'm bad at, yet I still started seeing some high MMR players recently.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

I'm fairly positive that it does go down if you play badly. Either that or premades were eliminated from fighting random ungrouped players.
    It took me around 5 games of playing with a gamepad to stop seeing premades. I haven't played much with that char afterwards but I think I would go back to seeing premades after some good games with mouse and keyboard.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it goes down too. I have an alt I leveled to 50 through BGs. I cleaned up sub-50 and did really well.

As soon as I hit 50 I queued up and was getting absolutely rocked. After 4-5 matches of this I started getting matches that were more even and started doing okay again.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos should remove MMR from Bg’s. It’s trash and I don’t even play Bg’s Anymore because all of my PvP characters are on top MMR brackets and I only get 15 minute que times when trying to solo que, only to be pitted against premades while I have an incomplete team of 2-3
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it goes down when you stop playing altogether on that toon for some time. I have a fairly erratic schedule and sometimes I can’t play for a week or more, or at least no time/not good enough internet to do PvP and I’ve seen a massive variety of players in BGs from top streamers right down to people who can barely manage to light attack.
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

So we have several diffrent points of view and no official ZOS" cpmmunication, I had the same when I was talking with friends about it.
    honestly can be so mych better to cleary see this MMR as a number on your character<s ***, at least you will understand where you are!

Thanks a lot for your feedbak.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A declining mechanic for MMR won't help those who are at the excessively high brackets, as it'd take weeks just to get our MMR back down to a reasonable level.

An MMR reset isn't the solution, either, because it's fixing the symptom, not the cause. Long queues, premades, matching against players way above your own skill level, all of it is just a symptom of MMR being a broken mess that determines your ranking based on playtime. Resetting the MMR will help for a little bit, but the same problems will come back, I can guarantee it.

Alongside the reset, MMR also needs to be redesigned. It needs to be based off of some other metric, like win/loss, and it needs to be separated between the game modes and grouping. About a week ago, I played in a fairly high end 4-man I ran into earlier, and ever since then, my MMR has been astronomically inflated. Solo versus group MMR needs to be tracked separately. If I queue up solo, my individual MMR should be tracked under "jcm2606", but if I queue with a friend, say, JoeBob101, my MMR in that group should be tracked under "jcm2606-JoeBob101".
    Edited by jcm2606 on April 10, 2019 2:44AM
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly that[ quote="jcm2606;c-5957923"]No, we don't need a reset. It needs to go completely, or at the least redesigned. It should not punish you for playing the game often, which it currently does.[/quote]

After I understand there s diffrents elvel of player, but in Cyro the same
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always select the low MMR queue on my BowPerson™.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • VixxVexx
    VixxVexx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kind of hard to have a real MMR system with 3 sides though. Like how would that work? In a usual competitive enviroment there's 2 sides/teams.

Say you're in the MMR bracket you're supposed to be in, that means you win as much as you lose and break even (50% winrate). You're MMR stays about the same. But in a XvXvX that winrate would only be 1 in 3. That's a negative winrate. This means you're MMR would keep dropping until you're against far less experienced players again.

Maybe this is why they mentioned somewhere that our MMR doesn't drop, it only goes up? If anyone can give me an example of a competitive game with more than 2 sides with an actual ladder/ranking/elo rating so I can take a look.
    Edited by VixxVexx on April 12, 2019 8:29AM
  • BRODY
    BRODY
    ✭✭
    How i can know my MMR?
    Stamsorc EU PC Dagerfall alliance - On
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BRODY wrote: »
    How i can know my MMR?

You can’t know, most people are guessing I think.

I was trying to figure mine out but it’s hard. I’ve been playing 9 months now and have done the daily almost every day, sometimes that’s it and other days I’ll spam BGs. I have no idea how many games I’ve played, maybe 400-1k?

My wait times are less than 5 minutes. I think most of the MMR complaints are actually about premade queue times but it’s hard to tell. I queue at different times of the day and the wait isn’t too long, apparently when the hidden MMR value gets too high it limits your matches to other players in high MMR so the wait times are long.

Edited by Iskiab on April 12, 2019 11:42AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • BRODY
    BRODY
    ✭✭
    Oh, my mmr very high! My wait time 15-30 min)) So i think, mmr changes every week, and in top 100 raiting have top mmr, specialy this you see on start new week, 25-0, 20-1 player's on match, when raiting will be started from zero again, and best players rampages.
    Stamsorc EU PC Dagerfall alliance - On
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VixxVexx wrote: »
    It's kind of hard to have a real MMR system with 3 sides though. Like how would that work? In a usual competitive enviroment there's 2 sides/teams.

Say you're in the MMR bracket you're supposed to be in, that means you win as much as you lose and break even (50% winrate). You're MMR stays about the same. But in a XvXvX that winrate would only be 1 in 3. That's a negative winrate. This means you're MMR would keep dropping until you're against far less experienced players again.

Maybe this is why they mentioned somewhere that our MMR doesn't drop, it only goes up? If anyone can give me an example of a competitive game with more than 2 sides with an actual ladder/ranking/elo rating so I can take a look.

Starcraft had plenty of 2v2v2v2 or even 8 man FFA modes that were still laddered/
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MMR has basically ruined BGs for me. My queues have gone to 10+ minutes, I either have awful teammates, I'm queued against premades (often the same ones over and over again, which does nothing but encourage griefing if you're paying attention ZOS), or both. I've mostly stopped queueing because of it. The ratio of good matches to matches where I would prefer to be doing literally anything else in ESO is about 1:5, making it a huge waste of time to even bother queueing.

BGs are just not a good pvp experience and they never really have been. The matchmaking sucks and the matches themselves suck mostly because of three teams. It was all wrong from the start and you could have had a much better system by literally copying what WoW or Rift did. Trying to be different with three small teams just ruined any chance we had of good instanced pvp.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MMR seems incredibly messed up atm unless it actually is accountwide. I have stopped playing BGs for a couple months now since I was too tired of running into the same groups every second match. Figured I give it a try again with the event and all on a fairly new char, but only took 4 games until I played people I normally meet on my main with multiple duo groups (not sure if some were full premade). Total sealclubbing game for them and waste of time for everyone. That along with the snare meta and the constant "someone declined" just sucks the fun right out of it. Not worth my time.
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MMR seems incredibly messed up atm unless it actually is accountwide. I have stopped playing BGs for a couple months now since I was too tired of running into the same groups every second match. Figured I give it a try again with the event and all on a fairly new char, but only took 4 games until I played people I normally meet on my main with multiple duo groups (not sure if some were full premade). Total sealclubbing game for them and waste of time for everyone. That along with the snare meta and the constant "someone declined" just sucks the fun right out of it. Apart from a few for event boxes this isn't worth my time.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish ZOS would have reset MMR for this event, or at least relaxed the restrictions a bit. It will take a bare minimum of 9 games to get all 3 daily BG quests done on one character, and that sure is a lot of boring queue time if your MMR is high.