Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Copy, Paste and Share your builds between Homes, Servers and even other Players

R_K
R_K
✭✭✭✭✭
Copy, Paste and Share your builds between Homes, Servers and even Other Players using Essential Housing Tools

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsMIiHQ1YD8&t=26s

To copy a group of items ...
1. Select the furniture items you want to copy.
2. Click "Copy & Paste", choose "Copy Selection" and click "Import/Export".
3. Highlight the Export text and press CTRL+C to copy it out.

And now you can ...
Copy or Move the items to a different Home
Copy or Move the items to a different Server
Share a Copy of the items with a friend
Save the Clipboard in a text file as a backup

To use the Clipboard ...
1. Click "Copy & Paste" and choose "Import/Export".
2. Click in the "Clipboard Import" text box, press CTRL+V to paste the data in and click "Import Clipboard".
3. Click "Paste from Inventory" to paste into the house using the items found in your inventory, bank or any storage chests.
4. Close the "Clipboard" window when the paste is complete.
5. Click the "Change these items..." drop down and choose "Bring to Me" to summon the group of items to you.
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    This looks interesting, especially the ability to Copy or Move the items to a different Server. Look forward to experimenting with that feature.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @HanzeeBokeem Let me know if you have any questions. :)
    Also, just to be clear - this feature can do the following:
    1. Copy the layout of a group of items (or even the whole house)
    2. Cut (Remove) all of the copied items into your inventory (Optional)
    3. Paste the layout of the copied group of items using items from your inventory, bank or storage chests.
    4. Paste the layout of the copied group of items using items over the items already in your house, choosing the matching items that are nearest to your character.
    5. Paste the layout of the copied group of items using items over the items already in your house, choosing the matching items that you have in your current selection.

What it cannot do (for obvious reasons):
    1. Duplicate items out of thin air.
    2. Migrate items across servers; whoever is pasting the Clipboard must have their own copy of the Clipboard's items, whether that's you or a friend. However, if you Copy a group of items and have double of each item, you can of course Paste a clone of those items into any house.

;-)
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm very interesting. So if I do a design, I can give it to another player, presumably as long as they have all the relevant items in their inventory?
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zypheran You would be correct. ;) This feature, among other things, would allow you to do just that: pre-design a home for another player and then transfer that design to them so that they may reconstruct it in their own home. <3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a bump / reminder for anyone who wants to pre-decorate on the PTS, but then be able to copy that design from the PTS and paste it into a house on Live (assuming you have or will have the same items on Live)
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cardi, does that work for fx too or only items?
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • The_Last_Titan
    The_Last_Titan
    ✭✭✭
    this is great that i can copy from ptr to live, been building a lot on their atm, when the server gets wiped the house backup can restore it right? also if i have duplicates in my inventory and i copy a selection will it recognize that some items are already in the spots on live and only place the "new" pts items?
  • The_Last_Titan
    The_Last_Titan
    ✭✭✭
    i'm trying to get the entire house as an export text file to save in notepad, i copy the saved selection, then import & export, copy the text, then paste in notepad.

When i try to "select all" in notepad then go to import and paste it says failed ijo2g2qvohso.png

it reads like there is some text missing but im not experienced with this much.

is there some other way of copying the house and bring it to live? like with saved variables under pts addons.
    Edited by The_Last_Titan on April 26, 2019 10:01PM