Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is anyone else having a hard time...

jambam817_ESO
jambam817_ESO
✭✭✭
...deciding what class/race combination to stick it out with?

I rolled my currently level 21 Dark Elf Templar on 1st day of 5day early access. I've already respecced twice! (oh, the gold!) and it doesn't seem that any build i really get with him I'm happy with.

So i roll a different class/race combo in another faction, then get bummed when i remember my friends are in Ebonheart and probably wont be playing with them if i end up liking it.
So then i try a new race/class in Ebonheart and get bummed about going through the same stuff my templar has already seen to level 21ish.

I know, i have issues.... Plus I'm at work and forum browsing :-\
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I've gone through 10 characters before I finally decided on sticking with one for a while.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why stop dithering when you've settled on a class/race combo? There's still the class lines, armour skills and weapon skills to fret over, not to mention the dilemma over how far to go in allocating points to crafting (and which craft(s), of course) :)!

Did I forget to mention the different guilds and their skill lines?

I've resolved it by rolling several characters. Not enough, but at least it's a start.

Now, which to regard as my main....
  • p.hurst1b16_ESO
    p.hurst1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It is best to ignore the first racial skill. Look at the next three racial skills and decide if they are useful for your intended build.

Or..

Pick a race you like and forget the racials. Use: armour, weapon and class passives instead.

There are so many ways to build a good role regardless of race.

If you go for race that suits your roles then you will put points into those racial passives INSTEAD of other passives... think it out.

This may be counter intuitive but it is not too hard to plan out a role.

I wish these forums had a proper English spellchecker, I refuse to Americanise my spelling.

<Enigmatic Name> Is poaching new guild members again ! Apply on our webby with your CV and proof of identity and we can arrange an interview with a panel of our officers.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is best to ignore the first racial skill. Look at the next three racial skills and decide if they are useful for your intended build.

Or..

Pick a race you like and forget the racials. Use: armour, weapon and class passives instead.

I ended up deciding mine purely based on armor style.
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I might be crazy, but Ebonheart seems generally harder than Aldemeri Dominion at least below 14. Not sure why I am playing Kajiit nightblade in booth and generally having a much harder time there.
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    zhevon wrote: »
    I might be crazy, but Ebonheart seems generally harder than Aldemeri Dominion at least below 14. Not sure why I am playing Kajiit nightblade in booth and generally having a much harder time there.

If it is i wouldn't know. I'm kinda in love with Ebonhearts setting. I'll probably end up sticking with my Templar, i think my Alt-o-holic personality is getting in the way :)

• MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    zhevon wrote: »

That was my feeling last night when I started my first Ebonheart character. And it didn't help matters that I skipped the Wailing dungeon, and the first quest I got was that mining camp quest with the bandits. So new character (level 3), first time playing a Templar (so not comfortable with skill perks), and one poor quality weapon.

I think I died four or five times in about an hour before I got my act together.

The quests also seem spread out more. Or maybe it was just that damn skeever quest. Egggh. Run me over the entire island, will you?

Edited by MaxBat on April 10, 2014 5:04PM
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...