Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Addon to show skill timers like LUI without using LUI

KappaKid83
KappaKid83
✭✭✭✭✭
Not sure if it has been asked before but looking for an addon that shows the timers on your skills for recast times, like Hardened Ward and the like, without using LUI to do it. Thanks in advance!
Edited by KappaKid83 on April 11, 2019 9:15PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LUA as in the scripting language?

If so, you are out of luck since the ESO API is, wait for it, written in LUA ...
    type.gif
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you mean AUI, in which case you can simply download AUI and use it as a base and write your own AddOn.
    shades.gif
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

If so, you are out of luck since the ESO API is, wait for it, written in LUA ...
    type.gif

Lua is a word, not an acronym ;)
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »
    type.gif
    Lua is a word, not an acronym ;)

Tell that to the OP who capitalized LUA TWICE in his(her) thread CAPtion ...
    poke.gif
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have fixed to read LUI. Work all day and dealing with LUA errors and other things really mess with the brain.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you mean AUI, in which case you can simply download AUI and use it as a base and write your own AddOn.
    shades.gif
    KappaKid83 wrote: »
    I have fixed to read LUI. Work all day and dealing with LUA errors and other things really mess with the brain.
    In that case, replace AUI with LUI in my comment above.

Shouldn't be too hard to figure out how they did it and do just that part yourself ...
    bye1.gif
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I dont like LUI extended anymore either. it used to be better than it is now. the new layout sucks.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Action Duration Reminder is really good.
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    Action Duration Reminder linked above is the most similar thing to the way the bar highlight for abilities work in LUI. BanditsUI also does it: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1643-BanditsUserInterface.html

Both of those have the addition of what I just refer to as a "swap bar" that shows icons for your other bar's active abilities when you bar swap - ADR has a little more customization for that than BUI. I want to add the feature to LUIE in the future as well.
    dazee wrote: »
    Yeah I dont like LUI extended anymore either. it used to be better than it is now. the new layout sucks.

If you don't mind me asking and you happen to read this thread again, what in particular do you dislike about the newer features of LUI?
    Edited by ArtOfShred on April 11, 2019 10:56PM
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you guys appreciate the help, I am going to try action duration reminder.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArtOfShred wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking and you happen to read this thread again, what in particular do you dislike about the newer features of LUI?

They changed the layout of the UI elements to one I hate, and I Can't figure out how to change it.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.