Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

dungeons on stonefalls

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
are all dungeons on stonefalls for single player only?
i'm stuck with 2 dungeons and i never found anyone playing in any of all the dungeons i finished, but out of the dungeons i can see a lot of players everywhere. do i need to be a part of some team to play those dungeons with more people or it really supposed to be played alone?
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some dungeons that have quests associated with them are solo areas - Mage/Fighter Guild missions are the two best examples I can think of. You can't take a party with you for those boss fights.

Other dungeons, like the ones you find on the map while wandering around (torches, eyeballs, and other similar symbols as markers) are public. Sometimes, people camp the bosses, and sometimes they leave immediately - particularly the latter, if it's in an out-of-the-way area and nobody new comes along to make it respawn quickly. In some cases, I've waited upwards of 5 minutes to complete a side-area. It really just depends on the timing.

However, if you give the name of the quest/location you're trying to complete, you'll be able to get a definite answer as to what kind of place it is: solo or group or anywhere inbetween.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i only have 2 dungeons left on stonefalls, the Fungal Grotto and Doshia's Lair. i've been trying those 2 alone as everything else i did since the first day on eso, but it's looking quite hard to finish those 2 alone.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doshia is solo, as far as I know. I haven't met anyone who can play with their group to fight her. You'll just have to figure out her fighting tricks/mechanics - that's the key to victory.

Fungal Grotto is a group dungeon. As a solo player, I have yet to venture into that place, but it's definitely setup for multiple people (The best numbers I've seen are 3-4) to take down the bosses.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i did half of Fungal Grotto alone but it's really hard and i decided to give up. i tried to wait for people inside and outside for a long long time, but i never saw anyone. i've been finding weird how there's always so few people playing this game, maybe most people are playing on american servers.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Doisha's lair is a ... err brute of a dungeon that forces you to solo it. The one in Stonefalls is the hardest of the 3 versions of it. My advice, boost up with food and drink, have a ranged weapon available because it tends to be easier ranged. Also I haven't tried it but I suspect pulling out of first person for that fight might be best. last your goal is to destroy the 4 glowing speres before they hit her. If they do hit her they heal her. If you pop them they heal you. That last is very important to avoiding death fighting her.

Fungal Grove is designed as a 4 man dungeon and if you made it have way through solo I'm impressed. I got my tail chopped off and fed to me by the first 3 goblins when I tried soloing it.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't be so impressed. i spent hours trying it and i noticed that the goblins don't respawn, so i just stayed focused to kill 2 of them each time before i die, then i run to the same point and did it dozens of times until i got bored :')
  • Klimarov
    Klimarov
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, i'm 24 right now and did all dungeons in stonefalls, i heard people crying about Doshia's lair and it beign so hard, i thought i've missed it. Just now i googled it and hey i did it solo, it it was so easy, did it first attempt, never even thought it was hard.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    The map icon should give you an idea of the purpose of the dungeon in general. As pointed out the one you were wiping on was a 4 man. The other is a solo instanced end to the Fighter's Guild chain in that zone. The real trick with Doshia is killing those globes so they don't heal her, she should be pretty easy otherwise (I always found her to be at any rate).
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Klimarov wrote: »
    LOL, i'm 24 right now and did all dungeons in stonefalls, i heard people crying about Doshia's lair and it beign so hard, i thought i've missed it. Just now i googled it and hey i did it solo, it it was so easy, did it first attempt, never even thought it was hard.

i already read about many people who also did it at first attempt by a shot of luck. the problem is when you can't do that, and when you don't have that luck. the dungeon is small and it's really hard to see all the orbs. nobody is saying that is hard to fight, it's just boring because you may stuck fighting there for hours with none being killed.

maybe i'm missing something but as far as i understood one single orb is enough for doshia to regenerate all the energy. the fact you got lucky and missed it doesn't make it "so easy" as you may think.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm finding the forgotten crypts in deshaan even harder than fungal grotto to play alone. what about this one? is this for single player only as almost all dungeons on stonefalls?

i'm start believing that i may have some problem in my connection or something, because this really feels like an hard single player game.
  • Zayana
    Zayana
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    i'm finding the forgotten crypts in deshaan even harder than fungal grotto to play alone. what about this one? is this for single player only as almost all dungeons on stonefalls?

i'm start believing that i may have some problem in my connection or something, because this really feels like an hard single player game.

Forgotten Crypts, is that the one with the ghosts and the skeletons? The icon on the map says it's a public, but not a group dungeon (at least I think so). Tried it yesterday, there were also plenty of other players, but man, those mobs kicked my pretty bottom really hard. There was also a door I couldn't use, I think it was bugged or I've been missing something essential. Gave up after one hour of trying and dying. Were you able to clear it in the meantime?

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just found out that something is definitively wrong with my account. i saw this video on Forgotten Crypts http://youtu.be/O273-PToW-I and it looks amazing, unfortunately i was never able to play in group. every time i join a group i'm never able to see the other player like in the video, the only thin i see are the white arrows and the life graphics of the other players on the top left.

i don't know if i need to configure something in the game to be able to play in multiplayer but i'm starting to find this game a little too boring to play alone.

at this moment i'm again in front of Fungal Grotto, i'm able to see a few guys outside but nobody inside, and every time i join a group outside everyone gets invisible after entering. this is really annoying :\