Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What's the best site for meta builds?

Vanchatron
Vanchatron
✭✭
After running several Veteran dungeons recently and being kicked/raged at due to not doing enough DPS and having the wrong build/gear, I've decided to look online for some meta builds. Even if I don't use them exactly as shown, they'll at least give me some idea as to what's most optimal to run in dungeons etc.

Having had a look online, I see a couple of websites providing builds, and I was just wondering which of them are the most reliable.

So far I've found the following:

esoacademy.com/top-rated-builds/
https://alcasthq.com/eso-most-recent-builds/
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I go to alcast. He shows top tier sets and skills and alternatives. He explains in detail and shows you how to get certain gear. He has YouTube and a website. The website also shows instructions on mechanics for vet dungeons
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it should be noted that:
    people claim that they dont want a classless system because it will lead to people wanting to allways play meta builds.
    yet here we see that meta builds is not only popular currently Without a classless system, but that people actually Hunt for meta.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Liko is a very good source for high end raiding, since he spends a lot of time testing and comparing the different setups as well as explaining what the different options are.

The asian god goes over the math for very specific comparisons.

Hedna / Nos showcases many different builds and options and some progression runs.

There are many, many options featuring the usual meta setups for pretty much every boss fight posted on a lot of different channels, bit too many to count and post here.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Vanchatron
    Vanchatron
    ✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    it should be noted that:
    people claim that they dont want a classless system because it will lead to people wanting to allways play meta builds.
    yet here we see that meta builds is not only popular currently Without a classless system, but that people actually Hunt for meta.

I make builds, play them to the very best of my ability, and still receive constant abuse when running group PvE due to not doing enough damage. I'm happy to go with the meta if it lets me enjoy the game without any interruptions. It's a shame, but it is what it is I guess.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is not one anymore.

It used to be https://tamrielfoundry.com/ but that site has quieted down quite a bit. It was the best organized forums and had many good players, PvP and PvE, who posted builds there. Part of the reason TF died is because so many top players have left ESO.

These official ESO forums have always been poorly organized so you have to rummage through builds.

So for now I just suggest people look at Alcast for dps, Woeler for tanking , and VanaEvr for PvE healing.

Someone else who has provided good dps builds in the past is @hedna123b14_ESO You can find links to their builds in their signature. Here is a link to one of their posts to help you find their builds.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5947224/#Comment_5947224

If you are more interested in PvP just look for your favorite streamer. PvP builds can very greatly depending on how you play.
    Edited by idk on April 8, 2019 8:02PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanchatron wrote: »
    it should be noted that:

I make builds, play them to the very best of my ability, and still receive constant abuse when running group PvE due to not doing enough damage. I'm happy to go with the meta if it lets me enjoy the game without any interruptions. It's a shame, but it is what it is I guess.

there is nothing to be ashamed about that whatsoever.
    you have done Nothing wrong
    you Should be allowed to make any build or meta and its perfectly fine.
    i just wanted it noted as a counter to peoples argument as a reason to not have a classless system.
    and showing proof here that meta is perfectly fine and already exists in eso and people not only "want it" and use it, but they also hunt for websites about it. and that exists right now "with" a class system apposed to a classless system.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After running several Veteran dungeons recently and being kicked/raged at due to not doing enough DPS and having the wrong build/gear, ...

The former part won't get cured by having meta gear, unless you've practised your rotation and situational awareness enough to make full use of the gear. Those who complain only about the build can safely be ignored.

Of course, if you're the tank, and they're raging about your DPS, then rage back.
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    it should be noted that:

there is nothing to be ashamed about that whatsoever.
    you have done Nothing wrong
    you Should be allowed to make any build or meta and its perfectly fine.
    i just wanted it noted as a counter to peoples argument as a reason to not have a classless system.
    and showing proof here that meta is perfectly fine and already exists in eso and people not only "want it" and use it, but they also hunt for websites about it. and that exists right now "with" a class system apposed to a classless system.
    @Gilvoth

And now tell us what exactly is bad about this?

meta (imo): a naturally developing combination of class/race/skills/gear/cp allocation that performs best in a certain environment. Most likely to be found by a very experienced player.

How can you even be against meta? it makes no sense. Sure, you can create your own build, but if it just doesn't perform good, you're nothing but a burden to the other players in your team, period.

Look, I can switch out my sets for less optimal ones, change a few skills and none of the meta-hating crybabies here is going to notice a difference, because I'm a (oh god, is this arrogant prick really gonna say it?) good player who knows what he's doing (most of the times).
    Ignorance in addition to the lack of experience and knowledge are the reasons that lead to the creation of underperforming builds that you will be called out for.
    Edited by Protossyder on April 9, 2019 12:30PM
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    After running several Veteran dungeons recently and being kicked/raged at due to not doing enough DPS and having the wrong build/gear, ...

The former part won't get cured by having meta gear, unless you've practised your rotation and situational awareness enough to make full use of the gear. Those who complain only about the build can safely be ignored.

Of course, if you're the tank, and they're raging about your DPS, then rage back.
    This, unless you use something totally idiotic like medium night mother gaze on an magic build gear does not take you from 10K dps to 40K.
    Who skills to use and rotation is way more important as long as you use something relevant like julianos and mother sorrow on an magic build.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast is the most consistently updated and I find he provides the best explanation as to why you need to run certain sets, skills, etc.