Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thinking of making our own Auction House website

Kingspian
Kingspian
✭✭
I'm thinking of making my own auction website for selling our gears and other stuff that we will sell when we get to lvl 50. For now we're not because we're lvling, the lower gears won't sell as much. My question is this, will this is be illegal to the ESO TOS? Using the Guild store will cost us a little to much for us and no I will not spam the link. I wanna avoid that.

Doing the selling in cyrodil may not be suitablefor us but we'll see. Just an idea that might work but must be approved by eso. I want to be sure we're not going to violate the tos.
Edited by Kingspian on April 10, 2014 1:22AM
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you plan on getting people to actually visit your store?
  • Kingspian
    Kingspian
    ✭✭
    Link it here using my signature.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm all for people trying interesting things so more power to you - but I have a hard time foreseeing people going through the trouble of using an out of game website to deal with their items.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would check the ESO terms and conditions before you start something.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Straight from the ToU:
    You may not sell, and You may not assist others in selling, Service(s), in-Game items or currency for “real” money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the Services

This is from, section 1: Downloadable Content, Achievements, and Other Virtual Items.

As an Auction house that auctioned in-game items outside of the 'Serivce(s)' for actual or in-game monies (real or virtual), this would be a violation.
    Edited by Gedalya on April 10, 2014 1:46PM
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gedalya wrote: »
    Straight from the ToU:
    You may not sell, and You may not assist others in selling, Service(s), in-Game items or currency for “real” money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the Services

This is from, section 1: Downloadable Content, Achievements, and Other Virtual Items.

As an Auction house that auctioned in-game items outside of the 'Serivce(s)' for actual or in-game monies (real or virtual), this would be a violation.

Is the part bolded in the TOS or is that your explanation of it? From what I read on the top part I would read that as there is nothing wrong with an auction house as long as there is no exchange of "real" money. It is just a pointer to connect people for in game trasactions of in game currency for in game items or services.
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    There is nothing in the TOS that forbids an out of game auction house, who's purpose is to simply facilitate buyers and sellers finding each other. I.e., if the trades that take place are all for in-game items or currency, with no out-of-game value exchange taking place, it's absolutely legal.

To put it another way, as long as nobody is trading in-game stuff for real-life stuff, there's no problem. Trades of in-game stuff for in-game stuff can brokered in-game or out.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the part bolded in the TOS or is that your explanation of it? From what I read on the top part I would read that as there is nothing wrong with an auction house as long as there is no exchange of "real" money. It is just a pointer to connect people for in game trasactions of in game currency for in game items or services.

Great question! Only what I quoted is in the ToU; the other is my interpretation. I suppose it may be ok if we are only talking about an exchange of in-game items.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • icengr_ESO
    icengr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    there already is one, esoah.com
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Correct, the quoted TOS piece is about trading stuff for actual money or for something that is of more value than what they are (if you're trading an in game item for an in game item, this doesn't apply).
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    The flip is how you get people to use your web site.

Someone above mentioned esoah.com, which offers the exact service you are talking about. However, a quick search on it shows that very few people are actually using it so far. Now, it may be that it's just because most people don't bother using a trading exchange until they are high level and looking to buy "end game" gear, or it may be that there just aren't that many people that know about it. Or, it may just be that people don't like the format.

I have to admit, I am disappointed. I had hoped it would be far more active than it is, even at this early stage.
  • Kingspian
    Kingspian
    ✭✭
    Oh I get it now, you can't buy it from the internet with in game. Makes sense. Well I'll just do the advertising on what we got. I too, am dissapointed without auction house. Who would want to waste time going to cyridill waiting to queue, head to keep that may be under attack and start add stuff to sell? Weird, maybe we should create Auction House guild. May not be such a bad idea, unless you invite alot of people in it.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a question that a mod or devs should definitely answer. You can interpret "or exchange those items or currency for value" many different ways.