The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Need some advice from endgame players

Rolexdt
Rolexdt
✭✭
The story is that I started playing eso around the end of November last year and I have leveled up a warden and 2 nightblades (currently sitting at 627 CP). I have done most of the non-dlc vet content and zero trials. Truth be told I've spent a good chuck of time in BGs and messing around trying different sets of gear for pvp.

I would like to now play the pve endgame content and to be honest I feel a bit overwhelmed.

I'm looking on tips on how to get into trials and what I need to do to learn the mechanics etc.
Between the warden and nightblade which class is more desired in trials( I assume the latter)?

I started to outfit my stamblade based on an alcast build for starters using hundings and briarheart. The build he posted is supports to be around 60k dps. I assume that is using the trial gear but the second choice based on the equipment above should be somewhere close to that right? I'm.hitting like 19k dps...

Granted some of my skills like caltrops and hail are still not leveled up to rank 4. I can weave LA just fine so I'm not sure what's going on.

Anyhow like I said I find this a bit daunting so I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. Basically what advice would you give a complete trials noob on getting into trials.

Lastly, if someone would be so kind to explain the +1 +2 etc runs? Or point me to a guide/post?

Thank you!

• Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch YT vids on the mechanics of the trials.

Join a guild. Many have training night for trials. You can look for a guild in the guild recruitment section of these forums.

Hang around Craglorn and join a PUG for one of the Craglorn trials (AA or HRC) or Cloudrest.

+1, +2, +3 refers to some of the trials that have mini bosses which can be fought individually or all at once. The number refers to how many of the mini bosses will be included when you fight the main boss. +0 means that you go in, kill each mini in it's own fight, then go and kill the main boss. +3 means that you'll be fighting 3 mini bosses along with the main boss in the same encounter, so obviously more difficult.

Practice your rotation on a dummy for higher dps.
  • Rolexdt
    Rolexdt
    ✭✭
    Thanks that's helpful
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take some time to look up YouTube tutorial videos on stamblade DPS rotations so you can start to understand how they flow and practice. Not to discourage you but as with many skills in life, this one will take practice and you will start seeing that numbers slowly inch upwards as your skill goes up. Alcast's DPS numbers is based on his skill and he has years of practice with it, so don't compare against him right now.
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you are playing on PC, get the AddOn called "Light Attack Helper". This basically counts your light attacks, telling you where you are missing LA's and at what rate per second you perform them. Many new people are playing their rotation way too fast, wasting dps and ressources.

As for Trials:
    Best advice here is to find a guild that does normal trials, get on team speak and let the leader explain the mechanics.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon