Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

When was the last dev post on housing forums??

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So I went looking back through the pages looking for the 'Z' on housing threads. To be fair, Gina posted several times on the important issue of housing being vandalised. But aside from that, you have to go back to September last year to see a dev post - Rob Garrett commented on the introduction of grouping tools!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5425921/#Comment_5425921
We've seen comments from devs on combat issues (perhaps more would be better but at least there is some communication on this subject) but as I go back through 25 pages of threads on the housing forum I must be honest and say that I find the lack of communication very disheartening.
I know the devs say that they 'lurk' but with the all due respect, I feel that that's just not a balanced approach in the context of how much time and money the housing community pour into this game. I've seen a steady drop off in the number of posters in this section of the forums over the past few months, and I think this is understandable. Why would anyone post here if it gets no acknowledgement from ZOS?!
I'm going to ping @ZOS_RobGarrett here because he has shown a desire to reach out to the community on forums and he oversees game systems that include housing. This is a really strong and vibrant section of the ESO community but the complete lack of interaction with ZOS gives people a sense of this being an unimportant element of the game. I know this is not the case, I know that there is an engaged and creative team working in the background to develop and improve housing but optics is everything in marketing and currently the optics are that housing isn't that important to ZOS. I meet so many great housing enthusiasts across different social streams and the feeling is prevalent.
I'm genuinely sorry to be a pain in the ***, but I really want to encourage you to be more forthcoming with your communication on this section of the forums. Housing has been done so well in this game and has so much potential, please engage with us in a meaningful way so that we can work together as community and developers to do better for housing.
Thanks & Regards,
Zypheran
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I watched the live stream today, only to hear very flippant/dismissive responses to questions regarding housing and new furnishings.

Responding with 'There will be a new home' is very disappointing for the housing fans who have tuned in to find out more. What kind of home? Size, location? Will it be purchasable with gold or crowns? Is an achievement required?

Are we only getting one new home in the whole chapter?

Sure, PTS will be updated in two weeks, but ZOS could have given us a lot more than what they did today!
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Emathides wrote: »
    Also, I watched the live stream today, only to hear very flippant/dismissive responses to questions regarding housing and new furnishings.

Responding with 'There will be a new home' is very disappointing for the housing fans who have tuned in to find out more. What kind of home? Size, location? Will it be purchasable with gold or crowns? Is an achievement required?

Are we only getting one new home in the whole chapter?

Sure, PTS will be updated in two weeks, but ZOS could have given us a lot more than what they did today!

If you watched the stream then you would have heard them say the house wasnt in a state that they were comfortable displaying it. Also, they say on Friday's stream that the build they have at PAX isnt even the most up to date build.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *crickets*
    That's all we ever hear from the ESO housing team, if there even is such a team. Housing is the red headed step child of ESO. Except when they need to milk some whales. As long as they can keep pumping more oversized, overprized crown mansions out with every DLC, the company obviously doesn't give a flying F about the housing community. Sorry if I'm not being as diplomatic as OP, but I've been here long enough to see that housing in ESO is nothing but a glorified cash machine to them.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched both steams hoping that besides the news everyone was expecting, there will be at least one minute of talk about crafting/housing/furnishings/writs.

"There will be a house" was a very poor response. We get as much that with a new chapter, there will be at least one house. In Morrowind we got 3 plus a room, in Summerset we got 3 and a room, also in DLCs we got at least one.

I did not expect specific answers in this phase of development, but things like we intend to increase the number of furnishings or make more medium sized houses, or we want to do this and that would have been great.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There were also several housing related questions in the Q&A sticky and the best we got was

"Will there be new houses and furnishings?"
    "Yes"

I get that their focus was on the new zone and Necromancer but come on.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    There were also several housing related questions in the Q&A sticky and the best we got was

"Will there be new houses and furnishings?"
    "Yes"

I get that their focus was on the new zone and Necromancer but come on.

All housing seems to get from ZoS are dismissals and copouts as to why they don't fix housings current limitations, but when it comes to getting our RMTs out of it ZoS is pushinh out furnishing packs at lightning speed.
  • BackAndAngry
    BackAndAngry
    ✭✭✭
    Other then for the new fresh meat players, housing is sadly done is this game
    PSA - Crown items paid for cash have a chance to soon be obtainable in game for free
    Not my quote "It took a while to sink in that we’re killing it right now..."
    Dragonhold - "...updated Activity Finder for dungeons and Battlegrounds, and also focuses heavily on the first part of the performance improvements for ESO..." ^^
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other then for the new fresh meat players, housing is sadly done is this game

@BackAndAngry I really don't think housing is on the decline. Despite the lack of communication with the housing dev team, I feel there is still much potential in this section of the game. Sure, things are slow and we are often neglected but I still think that they will get there with housing. ESO still offers one of best housing systems in any game.
    On a separate note, by any chance did you have a floating deadric island in grand Topal?? I'm thinking I've visited this at some stage
    Edited by Zypheran on April 7, 2019 9:42PM
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • BackAndAngry
    BackAndAngry
    ✭✭✭
    @Zypheran
    I do have a Topal as main residence with a 2 stage daedric ambient. I keep doing small tweaks all round because I think housing is still fun. Just dead out of relevant improvement. Thx for visiting :D
    PSA - Crown items paid for cash have a chance to soon be obtainable in game for free
    Not my quote "It took a while to sink in that we’re killing it right now..."
    Dragonhold - "...updated Activity Finder for dungeons and Battlegrounds, and also focuses heavily on the first part of the performance improvements for ESO..." ^^
  • TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    ✭✭✭
    Imho, i agree 100% with @Zypheran! It would be great to have some open and frequent comms between the housing devs and the community at large. I posted a thread a while ago regarding my opinion on how to go about this via incorporating a “Housing Community Rep” program on the same vein as the combat reps. I was excited to see Gina reply, so at least I felt heard. Eso is an amazing game we all are very passionate about, and especially us housing fanatics!! 💜🏡

I would love to have/see maybe a monthly “newsletter” of sorts to openly chat with the very large and now popular housing community. Also as far as injecting Homestead with some new and vibrant content, we ALL on console have been drooling and clamoring for @R_K ‘s mind blowing, exhaustive, creative and EPIC mod, EHT to be base game!!! We want water, sand, lights, runes, trigger effects, CAKE!!!!!!! We want a million things to be just a little bit better and easier to create amazing spaces with the limited slots we have avail.

We understand that coding is not as easy as the community asking for a “wish list” item/ feature and it being implemented the next patch lol (we wish 😜) But if theres a way to have open “discussions” with the housing dev team, then maybe we would not feel as if all ZOS wants to do for Homestead is sell overpriced digital home spaces (To which I and others say too often; “TAKE MY $$$!!! Lol)

We love this game and the amazing Homesteading we can do, all we ask is for some OPEN DIALOGUE! 😘

THANK YOU @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom FOR ALL THE HARD WORK YOU GUYS DO DAILY!! WE DO APPRECIATE YOU ALL!!!! 💜
    Edited by TwIsTeDReDQuEeN on April 10, 2019 2:05AM