The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Feel like going Hybrid Templar

Ryknos
Ryknos
✭✭✭
Hey guys I've been playing Templar for a bit now and realize I'd kind of want a mix between stam/mag dps with medium armor. I don't know if anyone's tried this I just don't see the point in going full on either. I'm going to try it just to see how it goes, but wanted to get your thoughts on this before hand.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd take a look at Pelinal's Aptitude crafted set for just about any hybrid build.
  • Ryknos
    Ryknos
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I'm new so I just looked through some of the armor sets on the wiki, and I think I'm going to stop myself from doing this, heh, I think I'm going to go with Berserking Warrior Armor instead. (I've never looked at the wiki until you mentioned Pelinal's)

My initial goal was to become big damage, either through Meele or Range/Meele, and I feel that medium sets compensate for the meele skills. Still looking into ranged viablities with possible bow/2h or dual/2h for just stam now. The Hybrid approach is just a thought now.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah sadly hybrids arent much of a thing due to how CP is implemented (CP isnt a bad idea but it could use some fixing) and how stats scale these days.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly saying hybrid s**ks. The only place where it might work is in PVP on DK, due to how limited stamDK toolkit is, adding high magicka with pelinal, make it worthwhile for power lash.. there is build over there by Drizzt.

I tried something similar, wasted ton of money and time.. is it fun in process? Yes. Is it effective in any way? No. Your min-maxed stam or magicka char will make same damage with light attacks spamming + blockade/hail, which hybrid does with complex rotation.