Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Smooth sailing all the way

Vorpedagel
Vorpedagel
✭✭✭
Anyone else's launch been like this?

I don't want this to be a rage/flame post from people who unfortunately have had a few hiccups.. But for me this was the smoothest release ever. No lag, nearly all quests that were slightly bugged were fixed with a quick relog or /reloadui..

I bought my imperial edition straight from the ESO store, I gather we're the ones who had no issues?
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had a few minor issues. The only major one was that Amazon/Zenimax failed to get my physical imperial edition to me until monday and were -very- vague on if it would come at all. That's not a game issue though.

By far the best MMORPG launch I've ever seen. People just forget how horrendous they generally are.
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno, did they ever fix that Emberflint Mine quest in Stonefalls? That's the only I have seen that was so broken you couldn't finish it.

Other than that, yes very smooth for me. Back in early access i had a couple random crashes to log in here and there, but nothing major.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not run into any significant issues whatsoever.
  • Knottypine
    Knottypine
    ✭✭✭
    I've only had some minor problems... a few quests that an enemy doesn't spawn. But usually coming back later sorts it out. I have also had my bank reset to 60, losing my upgrade and items that were in those slots as my bank was full. And no they didn't go in my characters inventory because I know of certain items I was saving to research were lost.

Still having glitches when I mount my horse, my character just slides around the terrain without moving legs, and I'll see horses sliding around without riders.

But other than that it's been fairly smooth.
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    Very, very minor issues from me. Looking at official posts, the problems I ran into are being worked on. So, good on them!

I freaking love this game. Having spent some time on it...it...it feels like Elder Scrolls again. I'm going to be here a while...

...a long while!
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    At 42 in the Ebonheart Pact, no major issues so far.
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO
    Im having very few issues. In fact a bugged Banished Cells quest last night has been the only massive thing since opening hour of five day early access for me.

I dont doubt people are having issues and I dont doubt there are bugs but frankly this has been one of the smoothest launches of an MMO ever for me, and i have played a lot. There is always a subset of a game who go around saying "its unplayable, worse launch ever" etc, patience and respect key.
  • tw1jaysin
    tw1jaysin
    ✭✭✭
    I've had no real issues. Had to relog like 3 times omw to lvl 27 for a few quests. Cyrodiil has been great, no lag or fps issues at all. I do get a long loading screen sometimes though, but closing the game and starting over gets me right in. One of the best launches I've been in so far. I got my IE from Gamefly and had no problems with codes or anything.
    Edited by tw1jaysin on April 9, 2014 10:37PM
  • cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Fully cleared Ebonheart pact all quest achievements and all skyshards, starting on veteran Daggerfall everything works so far.

No lag, never been disconnected, all in all this is a perfect launch for me as I have only found 1 quest bug and that was in cold harbour " A graveyard full of ships" ignored it though as I was already maxed quests and moving to Vet maps.

It's a well known fact, people in general like to "blow things out of proportion" I take all rage threads with a pinch of salt
  • Vorpedagel
    Vorpedagel
    ✭✭✭
    Darrett wrote: »
    People just forget how horrendous they generally are.
    I agree.. It may be mostly elder scrolls players rather than seasoned mmo players.

I dont doubt people are having issues and I dont doubt there are bugs but frankly this has been one of the smoothest launches of an MMO ever for me, and i have played a lot. There is always a subset of a game who go around saying "its unplayable, worse launch ever" etc, patience and respect key.

I find it funny when people come in swinging with "wow never had any problems" or "guild wars 2 ran perfectly on launch" when they clearly don't actually know anything about the launch of those games..

I think some people think raging on the forums is the best way to get a solution but who does it help really..
    tw1jaysin wrote: »
    I've had no real issues. Had to relog like 3 times omw to lvl 27 for a few quests. Cyrodiil has been great, no lag or fps issues at all. I do get a long loading screen sometimes though, but closing the game and starting over gets me right in. One of the best launches I've been in so far. I got my IE from Gamefly and had no problems with codes or anything.

Ahh okay. I wonder if anyone buying direct from ESO store had any account problems ?

Fully cleared Ebonheart pact all quest achievements and all skyshards, starting on veteran Daggerfall everything works so far.

No lag, never been disconnected, all in all this is a perfect launch for me as I have only found 1 quest bug and that was in cold harbour " A graveyard full of ships" ignored it though as I was already maxed quests and moving to Vet maps.

It's a well known fact, people in general like to "blow things out of proportion" I take all rage threads with a pinch of salt

Sounds like you've logged some solid playtime lol.
  • WyeVxndzz
    WyeVxndzz
    ✭✭✭
    No issues except the minor bank bug/glitch Monday and the lockpick but/glitch last night. I've been alll into this game so yeah, not bad at all. Pretty good launch experience.
    «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥»
    When you're feeling under pressure, do something different. Roll up your sleeves, or eat an orange.
    Be on the look out for things that make you laugh. If you see nothing worth laughing at, pretend you see it, then laugh.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If only rageposts could cause some sort of pinching to the person writing them, things would be much more groovy.
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the only MMO launch that was smoother than this was RIFT, but then they had a wildly extended open Beta before 'lauch'.

Aside from some buggy quests, most of them resolved with a /reloadui or a re-log, I've had precious few actual problems. Some lag-hiccups there and there but nothing game-breaking.

I'm generally pleased with the game as a whole and very pleased to be playing in Tamriel again, especially with my friends!!
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vorpedagel wrote: »
    Anyone else's launch been like this?

I don't want this to be a rage/flame post from people who unfortunately have had a few hiccups.. But for me this was the smoothest release ever. No lag, nearly all quests that were slightly bugged were fixed with a quick relog or /reloadui..

I bought my imperial edition straight from the ESO store, I gather we're the ones who had no issues?

Mines been fairly smooth. An occasional bugged quest that was fixed relatively quickly. Im impressed
  • Hawtsauce
    Hawtsauce
    ✭✭✭
    VERY smooth game launch compared to others I have experienced
    Ebonheart Pact
    Darkmoon - Mag NB
    Ermak - Mag Templar
    Pukk - Stam NB
    Hawtsauce - Mag DK
    Mystik - Mag Sorc
    Brutikus - Stam DK