Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How does using the Dye/Outfitting station work?

lukoi
lukoi
✭✭✭
I have a dye pack in my inventory, but I'm afraid to tinker with the crafting station because I don't know if it's a one shot use item or something persistent. Not being able to bank it leads me to believe it's one use.

Can anyone hook me up so I don't accidentally burn a resource here?
Edited by lukoi on April 9, 2019 2:24PM
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you get yourself to 0 HP you will die.
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    When you get yourself to 0 HP you will die.

lol nicely done Suh!
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's one-use, and it's meant to be used on costumes (from the crown store or certain achievement or quest rewards) rather than on gear. You can preview it on whatever costumes you have in your collectibles, and then once you commit to using it, the costume will be dyed permanently in those colors (unless you re-dye it later).

You're probably talking about the dye stamp you get from leveling - the fact that it's a leveling reward is what makes it character-bound.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Can these dye sets be purchased, or is it random drop/quest associated only? (I have since picked up another one that's banked).
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They tend to show up in the crown store as limited-time offers or around events. I think they've also been showing up in crown crates lately.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome, thanks for the info :)
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since you asked about the outfit station too, keep in mind that you can dye your armor pieces for free (making sure you have "No Outfit" selected) or set up an outfit using whatever crafting styles and dyes you have available (which will cost gold). That's based on the dyes you've unlocked by getting associated achievements and the motifs and outfit style pages you've learned.
    Edited by Ilsabet on April 9, 2019 2:46PM
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA