The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Offcial word on SweetFX mod?

j_labbeb16_ESO
j_labbeb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Wondering if there's an Official word on if we can or can not use SweetFX
http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/
  • Aiko
    Aiko
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah.. was about to ask the same question.
    Fast is fine, but accurate is final.
    Options
  • Moraisu
    Moraisu
    Good question, my kind sir. I allways use Sweetfx on my games (the Vibrance and Curvers filters are great for that perfect contrast and vivid colors, that and the SMAA that it uses it very light in terms of CPU taxing).

Hum... allow me to test it right now, ah... it seems to crash the game...

ah. nvidia users need to use RadeonPro to get it to working, and from a post on Reddit, SweetFx is ok to use, do bear in mind that my source is a Reddit post, so it is what it is...
    Edited by Moraisu on March 30, 2014 9:56PM
    Options
  • Aiko
    Aiko
    ✭✭✭
    I will wait on a official statement :)
    Fast is fine, but accurate is final.
    Options
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, please ZOS, approve Sweetfx! btw Sweetfx is not a mod or cheat.
    Options
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    There is an official statement on this, it is allowed.

Please take a look (for settings and detailed info too):
    http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/1zsxmk/my_sweetfx_preset/
    Options
  • High_Marshal
    High_Marshal
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't get the game to start with it installed. I would hit play on the launcher and a few seconds later the play button would light back up.
    Options
  • ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You can use it, it's not adjusting any files in/on the client. However you WILL NOT be able to use it because Zinimax screwed up the Full Screen mode 2 BETA's ago and has not yet figured out how to fix it -- meaning it will never be fixed.
    Options
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    Full Screen mode is coming (confirmed in last AMA)
    Options
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    what is this Sweetfx?
    Options
  • Pawkette
    Pawkette
    ✭✭✭
    Hai I'm Pawkette!

Now, I don't know for certain but SweetFX does require a custom Direct3D dll which could be problematic. Be careful about running it, you never know how Zenimax Online will react to it.
    I love Lua
    Mac: Pawkette< Templar, DC >
    PS4: Pawkette< Templar, AD >
    Options
  • Gorgo
    Gorgo
    Yep maybe in a futur an addon for sweetfx :open_mouth:
    Options
  • mollyirma2000b16_ESO
    Pawkette wrote: »
    Hai I'm Pawkette!

Not to be rude or anything but... But why do you start all your comments with ''I am Pawkette'' or something similar? Yes your Addon is great but you're not a celebrity and we can clearly see your username.
    Options
  • fatalslink
    fatalslink
    ✭✭
    Hai I'm Pawkette!

Not to be rude or anything but... But why do you start all your comments with ''I am Pawkette'' or something similar? Yes your Addon is great but you're not a celebrity and we can clearly see your username.

thanks, you were so rude she cancelled her addon thanks a ton mollyirma2000b16_ESO_1star
    Options
  • claudekennilol
    claudekennilol
    ✭✭✭
    fatalslink wrote: »
    Hai I'm Pawkette!

thanks, you were so rude she cancelled her addon thanks a ton mollyirma2000b16_ESO_1star

This was in no way rude at all. Even without the "dislaimer" I'd've been perfectly fine being on the receiving end of such a comment. I highly doubt this was the sole cause of Pawkette taking down her addons.
    Options
  • DaiKahn
    DaiKahn
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was in no way rude at all. Even without the "dislaimer" I'd've been perfectly fine being on the receiving end of such a comment. I highly doubt this was the sole cause of Pawkette taking down her addons.

mollyirma2000b16_ESO's comment didn't contribute to the conversation; it only served to call someone out on their posting style, hence why it's rude

How you feel being on the receiving end of it means nothing
    I'm just a man
    Hail Sithis
    Options
  • claudekennilol
    claudekennilol
    ✭✭✭

mollyirma2000b16_ESO's comment didn't contribute to the conversation; it only served to call someone out on their posting style, hence why it's rude

How you feel being on the receiving end of it means nothing

If I have a question for someone I'd ask it. It's that simple. In my eyes that's a completely legitimate question "why do you sign your name when the forum does it for you?"
    Options
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO
    Hai I'm Pawkette!

with comments like yours its too easy to see why she has stop making addons, a few manners go a long way, even on the internet. who cares why she introduced herself? I have seen way worse on their boards, they are normally followed by "I run the biggest, baddest guild in the whole world so you should listen to me", those people are worse :p
    Options
  • ronguiness_ESO
    Wow introducing yourself used to be seen as good manners.
    Options
  • invizo
    invizo
    Wondering if there's an Official word on if we can or can not use SweetFX
    http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/

I am giving you and the rest of the thread permission to use Sweet FX, I used to use it when I had a crappy monitor but my new one will do exactly the same thing SweetFX did for me in the past. The Devs wont ban you for something so silly.

Edited by invizo on April 10, 2014 2:43PM
    Options