Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Skill/Passive Reset

Sixsixsix161
Sixsixsix161
✭✭✭
Hi, back after a while.

So, I decided to play one of my level 50 magsorc who hasn't done the PvE end-game yet. I just have her go around and quest, ready to start the Summerset and Psijsic quest lines. Last time I played her probably 2+ years ago.

I loaded her (I was half asleep) and saw something flash by on the screen about skill points and racial/passive points needing to be reset.

I load the skill part, and all her skills are as they should be, so are her racials/passive skills. Does that mean I have to go to one of the major cities and get everything refunded and then add them back in?

Thanks for the help.

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It was just a hiccup in the game . Same thing happens to me every now and then since the last update when they changed the racial passives. My skills and racials were fine.
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    OK, thank you.

I did have 48 skill points available, but my character(s) are obsessed with skyshard gathering, so thet could have come from there.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OK, thank you.

I did have 48 skill points available, but my character(s) are obsessed with skyshard gathering, so thet could have come from there.

No, I've never had it actually reset anything. I panicked the first time, too, but then everything was fine
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    And after looking at my character's stats, I may do a reset anyway.

She's magsorc (summoner) level 50 cp 310, has 15k health, and 30k mag. I put 9 points in health while leveling and she's wearing a heavy and medium armor with health on them.

I need more health (at least up to 18K or 19K.

I'll have to think about that.

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

She's magsorc (summoner) level 50 cp 310, has 15k health, and 30k mag. I put 9 points in health while leveling and she's wearing a heavy and medium armor with health on them.

For an DD you tend to go all magic or stamina, 16-18K health, an healer might to get close to 20.
    You use dual stat food who brings you into the area already a bit depending on gear as some sets give health bonuses.
    CP also give resources up to cp300
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

For an DD you tend to go all magic or stamina, 16-18K health, an healer might to get close to 20.
    You use dual stat food who brings you into the area already a bit depending on gear as some sets give health bonuses.

@zaria

Thanks, after further review, I agree. I'm sitting on 15.8K total health (I'm wearing one heavy and one medium piece of armor with health). I ate a piece of bread I found recently and it boosted me to 23K, and I already have a lot of items that boost health and magicka, so I'll save those and use them on the bosses. I have

Thanks.

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

@zaria

Thanks, after further review, I agree. I'm sitting on 15.8K total health (I'm wearing one heavy and one medium piece of armor with health). I ate a piece of bread I found recently and it boosted me to 23K, and I already have a lot of items that boost health and magicka, so I'll save those and use them on the bosses. I have

Thanks.

You want to use dual stat food health + magic
    Or health + magic + magic regen unless Breton and healer does not drop plenty of resources.
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Recipe:+Witchmother's+Potent+Brew
    This also depend on who sets and enchants you uses.
    You can easy switch depending on healer in dungeon.

Note that 20K health is not an issue if inexperienced, your dps then dead is 0.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.