Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

A question about killing things and getting no experience points

Ktoo
Ktoo
Today I have been killing wolves, level 4 goblins, mudcrabs and other local monstrous fauna, but I haven't received any xp from killing them. Yesterday I got some xp from them, even though not much, but still more than zero. What happened?

The non-aggressive animals (deer, rabbits etc.) have given me no xp at all from the beginning. It is ok. I am talking about the things that attack me.

I have an add-on which shows the exact number of xp my character has, and also other add-on which tells me everytime I get xp. There has been no increase today, which I find strange.

Apart from one treasure chest, which I opened. It gave me 81xp.

My character is now on level 14. Is that it? Am I going to get no more xp from killing low level monsters? Is there any online guides I could read about the subject?
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, in most games you don't get experience after a certain level difference, usually starting from 10.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen the same thing. Just move on to a harder area. You get most XP for doing quests, and also a lot for exploration (finding places, unlocking chest). One of the better ways to level is just questing, rather than farming monsters.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get no XP for killing anything that is 5 or more levels below you. Those kills also don't charge your ultimate.
    ;-)
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    You get no XP for killing anything that is 5 or more levels below you. Those kills also don't charge your ultimate.
    ;-)
    It's actually +/- 3, early on at least.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    ;-)
    It's actually +/- 3, early on at least, in Coldharbour you cap at level 4 and in the first world zone the +/-3 also applies.

• Ktoo
    Ktoo
    Thank you guys for quick replies! :)

• Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity, why were you killing L4 mobs when you are L14?