Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How do I become a werewolf?

JoeUber
JoeUber
I know that I need to be bitten by a werewolf to become one, but I am not sure which werewolf I need to be bitten by? I found some werewolves in Cyrodiil but they didn't infect me so I am guessing it's a specific werewolf that I need to be bitten by?
"Semper Alacer"
  • Cabius
    Cabius
    I believe it is a rare encounter just like becoming a Vampire. If I am right it won't be available to you until you reach your factions 3rd area.
    Edited by Cabius on April 1, 2014 4:07AM
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    You have to get bitten by a specific rare werewolf in the level 50 zone. You then do a quest to either get cured or embrace the infection. A werewolf player can infect 1 other player once every seven days.
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    Which specific werewolf?
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    JoeUber wrote: »
    I know that I need to be bitten by a werewolf to become one, but I am not sure which werewolf I need to be bitten by? I found some werewolves in Cyrodiil but they didn't infect me so I am guessing it's a specific werewolf that I need to be bitten by?
    It is only specific werewolves at a specific location and time in the game. You cannot get infected by any other NPC werewolves besides these.

Because of this it is generally a higher-level option. I think you need to be able to get to the 30-40 level zones.

The only other option is to become infected by another player who already has it, and there are limits associated with this method as well.
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    Why is everyone so vague a about this?
    We all now it´s possible to get bitten by other players... for an ****load of money.
    The zone chat in Bangkorai is spammed by greedy people doing this.

Which werewolf at which location is the interesting question!
    It seems that the only answere given to this is "some specific werewolf at a specific location at a specific time".

So the time is "fullmoon" and you can see the moon phase by looking up so the "specific" time is easy to find out.
    The day/night cycle is fast so there are several ingame nights for every day.
    Who knows the other two and is willing to tell?

I understand the people who know this want to earn money... but they wont get mine!
    Edited by Hodorius on April 10, 2014 7:24AM
  • Bo_jangles_Murphy
    Bo_jangles_Murphy
    Soul Shriven
    I would like to know how to get rid of it!

I don't recall being bitten so don't know where it came from. I want to do some fishing but I can't in werewolf form.

Edit: Never mind I think I found it!
    Edited by Bo_jangles_Murphy on April 10, 2014 8:51AM
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to do some fishing but I can't in werewolf form.

Possibly the most awesome reason I've ever heard for wanting a cure.