The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Was writ certification character level 6 removed? or is that still only for writ board actual use?

SpAEkus
SpAEkus
✭✭✭✭
I was reviewing a Writ Crafting video and they were at Millenith with a level 3 character and started the Cert Quest.

Was the Cert Quest always doable at any level but the writ boards did't work until level 6? It has been so long and the last test crafter I started I waited to L6 from before.

Or did I miss a patch note along the way?

UESP still lists the boards announcement not appearing until L6 but with all the other quest level gate removals, maybe writ certs were affected as well??

Best Answers

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You aren't the first person to say they got certified before level 6, but they couldn't do writs before level 6.
    Answer ✓
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just yesterday a friend of mine started certifying her level 2 for crafting writs, then came into chat to ask why she had no writs available. You can do the certification quests before level 6 but no writs will appear on the boards until you hit level 6.
    Answer ✓
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you do the quests at level 4, you should be level 6 when finished.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.