The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game Still Crashing after login

Skroof
Skroof
✭✭
Ok, so my wife just re-downloaded the game and when she went to login the game crashed on her. So, precisely; She enters her password for the account to log in and the eso circle spins a bit then stops and the whole game just crashes at that point. Checked drivers and updates to make sure everything was up to date , problem still there. The game does come up with a "crash report" thing that she did use to report the problem, but it is not giving any error codes or anything, just the ability to report the problem. Anyone have any ideas on this one?
Edited by Skroof on April 1, 2019 9:08PM
Minds should be like a Tardis, Bigger on the inside.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Skroof

Have you ran a repair through the launcher yet?

In addition to running a repair, you should also remove any add-ons that could be contributing to the crash. Instructions for doing so can be found here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Skroof
    Skroof
    ✭✭
    Did run the repair , no luck, also not using any add ons, so no issues there.
    Edited by Skroof on March 29, 2019 7:45PM
  • Skroof
    Skroof
    ✭✭
    Ok, figured it out, she was using two monitors and they were not playing well with each other. Problem solved , she is able to log in now , thank you @ZOS_BillE for the suggestions.
  • Skroof
    Skroof
    ✭✭
    Well I was wrong... had it running fine , logged in and out several times just to make sure it was working and now it is right back to crashing after she enters her password , she can't even get to the character screen.... this is so frustrating... this is all that I have tried as of now....

Ran the repair program several times now
    flushed the DNS
    Ran as administrator
    Ran in compatibility mode
    Checked disk space , no problems there
    Updated windows and Graphics card
    Ran with VPN on and off
    Made sure there were exceptions in the Avast antivirus,(have not tried turning it off completely)
    Made sure it is only running on one display (really thought this was it, as it started working after I did this, but I guess not)
    Checked the version of Direct X , all good
    She is running an Nvidia 1050 , but that should be fine for this game.
    Uninstalled and re-installed the entire game
    Ran repair ... again...
    Had wife submit a ticket on it and I submitted one on it as well.

I am really at a loss here... I feel like I have tried everything I can think of so any suggestions would be appreciated *sigh* Was really hoping to get this working so my Wife could play the game with me, but its not looking good so far...
    Edited by Skroof on April 1, 2019 7:43PM
  • Skroof
    Skroof
    ✭✭
    Still trying to get this game working on her computer... would it help if I put up her dxdiag? Throw me a bone here....
  • Skroof
    Skroof
    ✭✭
    This is the dxdiag and the consultant reports for the computer in question. Any thoughts?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Skroof

After reviewing your game consultant there are no indications on what could be causing ESO to crash. While you wait for customer support to respond to your ticket, one more troubleshooting step you can try is rebooting the PC into a selective startup. This will disable third party software running on the PC. Open ESO while under the selective startup and test if the game still crashes.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Skroof
    Skroof
    ✭✭
    Thank you, I will try this as soon as her computer is available for me to try it on and post my results as soon as I can.
  • Annwynn_ESO
    Annwynn_ESO
    ✭✭
    My game won't load today either...trouble after character select on both NA and EU. Finally got into EU but my main account is NA and I cannot get a character to load and have tried several. I have run repair and checked internet connection. Been playing this game since beta and this is a first. Disappointing
  • Skroof
    Skroof
    ✭✭
    Well, tried the selective start up as instructed and nada... still locks up 3 seconds after entering the password and hitting the login button... My wife and I also played in the beta and played for sometime after that , but due to family matters had to leave the game for awhile. We were hoping to return , but so far getting the game to run for her has been a nightmare. No word on the tickets we submitted yet, so I guess we will just keep waiting. In the meantime I am open to any suggestions , I am at my wits end on this...
    Edited by Skroof on April 2, 2019 11:13PM
  • Annwynn_ESO
    Annwynn_ESO
    ✭✭
    @Skroof Sorry to hear...sounds like I get in a bit further than you do tho
  • Skroof
    Skroof
    ✭✭
    First response to ticket , standard , did you try this? stated that I did try that and then listed all the other things that I have done as well... as well as sending another copy of the Consultant report and a DxDiag report.. Still waiting on a response.
  • Skroof
    Skroof
    ✭✭
    Well, my ticket was closed and it has been taken to just my wife's ticket now. Support asked for a screen shot of the pop-up that we were getting when the game crashed, which I sent, along with the actual text of what was in the pop-up "Report".

I was responded to within 15 mins. maybe. At which time a completely different person was re-stating that I had a problem with the game crashing and then proceeded to tell me to try several things that had already been established to not be the cause of the issue.... So I let them know that we in fact had tried those things already and the report should show as much, since we have been at this for awhile now (2 weeks now).

Still struggling with this problem if anyone has any suggestions for something we may not have yet tried, please feel free to post your thoughts.
  • Silent84
    Silent84
    ✭✭✭
    The game just close, with no message, when i change a character and teleport to another map... i love this game and the servers are amazing. <3
    Edited by Silent84 on April 6, 2019 10:20AM
    Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
  • ThanatosLex
    ThanatosLex
    ✭✭
    Have you tried a different provider Internet connection?
  • Skroof
    Skroof
    ✭✭
    OMG! I figured it out! Apparently just making an exception for the file location of the game was insufficient, I had to give the specific eso64.exe file its own exception. This seems to have fixed the problem completely. She is able to log in and run the game on high settings now as she should be able to.

It seemed odd to me that the path was there and was not specifying any particular file to grant exception to, so I tried making a specific one for the main game .exe and boom, problem solved. :smiley:

Thank you to everyone who helped with suggestions and advice! ESO has possibly one of the best communities I think I have ever seen in an online game. Thank you all.
    Edited by Skroof on April 6, 2019 5:32PM
  • Silent84
    Silent84
    ✭✭✭

You think i need different connection? https://www.speedtest.net/result/8170347519.png
    Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
  • Skroof
    Skroof
    ✭✭
    That connection should be sufficient for this game, but internet speeds can vary depending on the type of connection you have and in some cases the time of day you are using the service, as with cable internet service. I would suggest starting a separate post stating your specific problem and all that is going on to try and resolve the issue. Also I would suggest you submit a ticket as the support had been very helpful to me in helping to sort out what the issue was for my situation. :smiley:
  • ThanatosLex
    ThanatosLex
    ✭✭
    Silent84 wrote: »

You think i need different connection? https://www.speedtest.net/result/8170347519.png

Try everything. It helped a friend. Speed is not everything.