Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

"Halls of Colossus" literally named.

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The new prologue quest made my brain thunk. The Halls of Colossus is a literal meaning. Halls of the Colossus. Halls built to house a Colossus. A Dragon.

Doi.

You know the people of Tamriel should start applying that logic to other mysterious landmarks and ruins. Someone call the Vanos siblings and give em the news.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Vuldovahkriid
    Vuldovahkriid
    ✭✭✭
    Actually it was built by an ancient race of Giants, the Dragons were just sealed there when they got tricked by one of the Manes.
    Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

    Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

    Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

    Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

    Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

    Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

    Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

    Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

    Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

    Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
    Options
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wasn't built for the Dragons, they just used it to trap them and over time added the dragon depictions and carvings since after they were trapped. They mention how the Khajitii and Dragon stuff looks not as ancient as the rest.

    It could have been originally built to house a giant dragon from an even earlier time than that, but that would be quite a coincidence.

    I'd like to know why Abnur thought the Numidium was in there though, at this time it's always only been where it always was, in Morrowind, presumably Red Mountain, possibly right where it was left when the Dwemer poofed, or maybe the Tribunal moved it somewhere secret until they give it to Talos in a couple hundred years from now. I mean, I know he doesn't know that, but quite random to think it was particularly there, but I know it's probably just a nod to the fact that the Halls of the Collossus once had a counter out-of-game Dev RP NPC theory that they were built by Talos to test and rebuild the Numidium at, and that it was also in the northern part of Elsweyr near Rimmen, instead of south like it was in Arena, and now ESO.
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    It wasn't built for the Dragons, they just used it to trap them and over time added the dragon depictions and carvings since after they were trapped. They mention how the Khajitii and Dragon stuff looks not as ancient as the rest.

    It could have been originally built to house a giant dragon from an even earlier time than that, but that would be quite a coincidence.

    I'd like to know why Abnur thought the Numidium was in there though, at this time it's always only been where it always was, in Morrowind, presumably Red Mountain, possibly right where it was left when the Dwemer poofed, or maybe the Tribunal moved it somewhere secret until they give it to Talos in a couple hundred years from now. I mean, I know he doesn't know that, but quite random to think it was particularly there, but I know it's probably just a nod to the fact that the Halls of the Collossus once had a counter out-of-game Dev RP NPC theory that they were built by Talos to test and rebuild the Numidium at, and that it was also in the northern part of Elsweyr near Rimmen, instead of south like it was in Arena, and now ESO.

    I think Tharn was just verbally thinking out loud. It wasnt so much a "its gotta be the Numidium" sort of comment, so much as the first thing that pops in your head when you think Collossus sort of thing. Tharns mind simply went straight to Numidium for whatever reason, maybe its something he often thinks about from time to time.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We do know that Numidium casts a long shadow backwards in time. Anumaril knew of its existence centuries before it was actually constructed. Perhaps Tharn is sensing that same shadow at some level. He is a very competent Mage after all.

    Perhaps, as part of his testing, Talos built the Halls of Colossus using Numidium and made it so that they had always existed (like the trick he did with the rain forests in Cyrodiil). Time anomalies are such fun :)




    PC EU
    Options
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the prologue quest. Being there when the dragons are released was cool, even if we were partly (inadvertantly) responsible for their release.

    I was a little disappointed that the end of the quest didn't quite sync with the tease trailer, in that the dragons just flew away. We didn't get chased out of the Hall like in the trailer. It would have been a nice "OH CRAP! RUN!" moment.
    Options
  • ruff
    ruff
    ✭✭
    to me that "brothers, we are free" or the like just sounded outright pathetic :( as if some gang of pickpocketeers broke loose from the guards.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ruff wrote: »
    to me that "brothers, we are free" or the like just sounded outright pathetic :( as if some gang of pickpocketeers broke loose from the guards.

    Somebody suggested ZOS have him say it in Dovah. That would have been cooler IMO.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

    How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ruff wrote: »
    to me that "brothers, we are free" or the like just sounded outright pathetic :( as if some gang of pickpocketeers broke loose from the guards.

    Somebody suggested ZOS have him say it in Dovah. That would have been cooler IMO.

    Well now im upset that didnt happen.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel right now the Numidium is like the Borealis from half life universe
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    I feel right now the Numidium is like the Borealis from half life universe

    "It's...the Numidium! Incredible!"

    "The Numidium? It's real?"

    "Oh yes it's quite real, despite it's almost legendary stature. Our peers over in the Dwarven lands were at work on a project with some promise, but in their rush to beat the Tribunal to the Heart of Lorkhan they must have compromised ordinary standards of risk. We heard their Golem had simply disappeared, vanished, with all hands, and even part of Red Mountain! Few believed the Numidium would ever be seen again."
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
Sign In or Register to comment.