Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Quest Rewards - Mostly Useless?

• Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing in ESO (that isn't already labeled as "trash") is useless. Not one thing. All of your quest items can be worn, sold, traded, or deconstructed to make, buy, or trade for what you actually want. There is a use for it all. Now, whether or not you are the type of player that will take advantage of the value of all items is totally up to you...

Sleepwalker this is SUCH an awesome response to what the op states is his issue with the loot that is rewarded from quests.

I appreciate how you and others in our community are trying to be helpful, respond to queries with info when you can and make suggestions along the way. It really is contributing toward an awesome play atmosphere.

I am in agreement with your last paragraph as well. This game has enough familiarity from other mmo's to make us feel comfortable but has totally fresh features as well or different takes and directions with other features.

You absolutely don't "HAVE TO BE A CRAFTER" in ESO. Zeni HAS made crafting RELEVANT all the way up to cap and thereafter - woo hoo! But I've had plenty of guildmates and friends in other mmo's who didn't have any interest in crafting - however, they had friends or acquaintances who did. So what would lets say a theoretical PvP-centric player with no interest in crafting do with any loot or quest rewards his character could not/did not want to utilize...?

Break that stuff DOWN ;o). Yep..have known many people in other games who had as their MAIN SOURCE OF INCOME not crafting - but HARVESTING ingredients and BREAKING DOWN items to sell to others. In many games with high end raiding, that is specifically one way that capped endgame raiders 'farm' for the cash to pay for their repairs. If planned well it doesn't take much time to harvest along the way as you quest, or even harvest-farm for 20 minutes each time you log on - could do deconstructing in that same time period.

You do not HAVE to craft. You do not HAVE to feel like you've lost out on a piece of loot...deconstruct the stuff, and sell and save that money up for a piece of gear you realllly want and like. It has value, just as Sleepwalker and others explained. Make your plan, work your plan, and have FUN!

*Off to take some gorgeous screenies in Auridon, harvest along the way and try not to get too sidetracked from finishing my quests -- *giggles and knows thats not going to happen ^-^!

Edited by Anastasia on April 10, 2014 1:42PM
  • Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    It is so easy to craft gear useful for your level that I view a useful quest reward as kind of a nice perk, otherwise just something to research or deconstruct.

I can't think of another MMO that made crafting alongside leveling this useful and viable. Makes me happy happy happy.

^This! Don't get me wrong, if you all are not getting what you want or feel the rewards are sub-par then keep speaking up.

Yes I get loads of med and light armor (I only use Hvy), at first I thought "damn this is lame, I can't use it" but soon (lvl3 or 4) I started to just Decon all light and Medium armor pieces I collected, I also sell all wood weapons (Staff, bow....).

So here I am at lvl23 and I have never made a wood weapon or a light/med set of armor yet I am lvl 10 in WW and Clothing, I think I am lvl 12 or so in BS yet I use that craft all the time to make stuff.

So I think it is kinda cool. I have made some good coin, can buy whatever I want, I can craft the gear I use and still lvl in areas I am not currently interested. Quest rewards that are better then what I make I often get very excited about....I am glad they do not land in my lap at the end of every quest.

• Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's designed this way to foster a player community and trade (if you don't want to craft yourself). Other games spoon feed you exactly the loot you need because they expect you to not bother talking to other people or pick up crafting yourself. I actually prefer it this way. As stated, every item has a use.