The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Dungeon finder and lore

Kraken13
Kraken13
Hi I like to do quests, talk with npcs and read the lore, I am on the game for the story, but there are quests on dungeons I cannot complete alone.
I use the dungeon finder to get a group but I know ppl there are in for the "phat loot" or whatever and nobody want to stop for nothing.
But anyway when all is done why is there a stupid timer that boots me out ?
I don't have the time to look around and enjoy the scenery or even to talk to the npcs at the end.
Is there anyway around this ?
I find it quite moronic not be able to go around and ENJOY the content, but alas devs sometimes have very stupid ideas.
Thanks
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alas, as far as I know there isn't really a way around it.
    Best thing I could recommend would be to find a group of fellow minded people to run dungeons with. Some times just asking in zone chat would get you some answers.
    This is probably not the solution you're searching for but it's the only one I have.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the smart idea is to form your own group of likeminded people if you have specific intents when running a dungeon. Guilds are great for this.

It is probably a better idea than to put blame on the devs for this. It is not their fault you chose to have a totally random group that have different interests.
  • Valamist
    Valamist
    ✭✭✭
    It sucks. What I end up doing is just going ion YouTube and seeing lore there having rushed through the dungeon... I really wish there was a 'solo' option for dungeons, no-to-little rewards, just for us who want to see the story.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valamist wrote: »
    It sucks. What I end up doing is just going ion YouTube and seeing lore there having rushed through the dungeon... I really wish there was a 'solo' option for dungeons, no-to-little rewards, just for us who want to see the story.

Many of the normal dungeons are soloable, if you have a build with sufficient DPS and self-heals.

Its not the same as a "story-mode" obviously, but it certainly lets you take your time if you wish.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have resorted to simply reading the lore on UESP after doing a dungeon.

A story mode would be lovely though. Want to entice people? Give them a skill point for not skipping any dialogue.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No