The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it down right now?

Fenril
Fenril
EU steam player here.
Both my client and that of my wife get stuck on launcher update.
Thanks
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It says 10:00 UTC, which I believe for me is in an hour and 20 minutes. All servers are showing online at the moment.
    Options
  • Fenril
    Fenril
    Yep, I posted at 10:22 am GMT time, but it's happening since about a hour (actually we haven't been able to play at all this morning)
    We both have the launcher stuck while supposedly updating. Restarted the launcher, the steam client, both the pcs and the router.
    The launcher doesn't allow to repair or anything, it has no button at all, it starts updating as soon as you start it and stops there. I had to use the task manager to close and reopen it since it had no "X" (only after waiting about half an hour) . Still nothing.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh you're using steam? May god bless your soul child
    Options
  • Fenril
    Fenril
    Ok I found what's happening. Avast is blocking the launcher with the reason URL: BLACKLIST

According to steam forums, other users with avast are experiencing the same problem today.
    The funny thing is I updated my avast today on my pc and my wife did not, but both our clients are getting blocked so it seems there's something wrong from eso-side.

Print of my avast report (sorry it's in italian)

https://imgur.com/a/Mff39AL

What's even more funny is that adding the exception on the whole steam folder doesn't seem to work.
    I'm still trying to figure it out, but I believe the cause is the last eso launcher update...
    Options
  • Fenril
    Fenril
    Update:

Adding the whole steam folder as exception didn't work. So I totally disabled avast for 10 minutes and let the launcher fully update. Then I closed the launcher, enabled avast again and launched the launcher (lol) again just to play. It works now.
    Probably instead of trying to add specific files or folders to the exceptions I should have added the exception url: patcher.elderscrollsonline.com but there's no way for me to know now, since my client is updated now.
    I hope this helps others in my situation. I still think ZoS should investigate on why their patcher url gets blacklisted by avast users.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone seemed to have the same issue and got around it: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5945130/p1
    Options
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not use Steam and I am seeing the same issue with the launcher. I was able to launch the game directly bypassing the launcher and login successfully without the update. I'm not sure what the update includes but so far it hasn't affected my game play.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alinhbo_Tyaka

Launcher updates are usually just an update to the crown store listings, nothing to do with the game.

Btw, I never use the launcher except to patch the game.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    @Alinhbo_Tyaka

Launcher updates are usually just an update to the crown store listings, nothing to do with the game.

Btw, I never use the launcher except to patch the game.

I never use the launcher either and only go to it after maintenance or if I get an update needed error message during login.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There was an issue earlier preventing some Steam players from logging into the PC/Mac megaservers. If you're not on Steam and having issues with the launcher, the problem may be due to your anti-virus settings. The thread linked below has some suggestions on setting exceptions to resolve the issue.

Login aborted by antivirus saying URL:Blacklist in launcher
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    There was an issue earlier preventing some Steam players from logging into the PC/Mac megaservers. If you're not on Steam and having issues with the launcher, the problem may be due to your anti-virus settings. The thread linked below has some suggestions on setting exceptions to resolve the issue.

Don't you think it would be a good idea for ZOS or their ISP to get with Avast to find out why the launcher is on their blacklist?
    Options
  • Eohor
    Eohor
    ✭✭
    I kinda dream that one day ZOS will stop trying to do maintenance or fix stuff... They never succeed, and always find new ways of blocking their players from playing the game... :/
    Options
  • Fenril
    Fenril
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »

It's not just the non-steam players having the antivirus problem.

I AM on steam and still had it, on 2 different computers and with 2 different versions of avast (one updated that day and one not updated) and so did many other users on steam forums (many of them are unable to post here since we needed an invite code, obtained by opening a support ticket here). Maybe you should investigate further on why your patcher url gets blacklisted by avast. Also, some users on steam reported the same happening with AVG, so IMHO this is on your side.
    Edited by Fenril on April 6, 2019 8:30AM
    Options