Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Does "mark as junk" work?

cura666eb17_ESO
I set several items as junk so i have easy time getting rid of them but it seems it only works for items already in my inventory, not for new items of the same kind i get after i get rid of those i originally set as junk.

To be clear, i set carpaces as junk, they appear in junk section, i sell them and then new carpaces i find wont be listed as junk anymore.

Does it work for you the same way? Is it a bug?
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    I use it to mark important stuff.
    This way I dont sell it by accident.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought too that the system would remember my choices, apparently it's either bugged or they decided people could change mind from time to time? Dunno but I'll remember to use /feedback to ask about it. It would be nice it'd remember your preferences
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I've seen it's simply a way to sort your current inventory for rapid selling of 'trash' iems, it doesn't even try to claim it's a persistent classification tool as I see it.
    Edited by KerinKor on April 10, 2014 11:02AM
  • thjudgeman1142ub17_ESO
    Being able to list items as JUNK and have the game remember would be nice...
  • Zorak
    Zorak
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is bugged. =(
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where has it ever said that it remembers the junk for next time? I use an addon called selljunk and it works well.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, mark as junk has no purpose if you are actually marking your junk. Mark the few pieces of gear you don't want to accidentally sell/deconstruct.
  • siuolly
    siuolly
    ✭✭✭
    I think mark as junk only make the one you mark as junk. For example, when I want to sell half of the stack of my Iron Ignot, I split them, mark a pack as junk. One pack will be junk where as the other still remain in my materials item. Moreover, every iron Ignot you will pick up will not be junk unless you manually mark them.
  • cura666eb17_ESO
    Zorak wrote: »
    I think it is bugged. =(
    Yeah, probably. I dont use this function anymore as it takes more time to mark those items instead of just selling them directly from other tabs. If it doesnt remember my chocies, its just redundant.
    Azarul wrote: »
    Where has it ever said that it remembers the junk for next time? I use an addon called selljunk and it works well.
    Ill give it a try. Thanks.
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    No, mark as junk has no purpose if you are actually marking your junk. Mark the few pieces of gear you don't want to accidentally sell/deconstruct.
    Im sure thats what they had in mind naming it "junk" ;-)
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sure thats what they had in mind naming it "junk" ;-)

Yes, much like you tell your kid to clean up all the "junk" in his room.

But no, I actually have no idea what they intended that function to be for.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works for me in my inbox in Gmail; also supported in Yahoo, Hotmail, and other providers:P
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org