The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cider in Tamriel.

CMDR_Un1k0rn
CMDR_Un1k0rn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Is there anything in the lore that suggests that cider exists in Tamriel?

It's my favourite drink IRL, and I find the lack of cider in my favourite fantasy universe upsetting.

We have beer, mead, wine, whiskey, you name it...

But I've never seen the word cider pop up anywhere.

Is there any cider in Tamriel?
In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought there are a few ciders in game. Might be they are for other games. I am on my phone so.most of the recipe lists are not showing for me. Otherwise I would link them.

I don't think any are end game level. And, I bet most are alcoholic as, well, that is what's safe to drink in a world without toilets.
    Edited by Nestor on April 5, 2019 5:37PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Several characters mention the existence of cider in ambient dialogue. The brewer in the Wayrest inn, for example. This book also mentions a concoction called milk-and-cider.

There used to be a cider recipe in game (Voljar's Honey Cider or something like that), but I think it was removed.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Several characters mention the existence of cider in ambient dialogue. The brewer in the Wayrest inn, for example. This book also mentions a concoction called milk-and-cider.

There used to be a cider recipe in game (Voljar's Honey Cider or something like that), but I think it was removed.

This makes me happy. As long as there is reference, that's enough for me.

Now I can happily take a swig from /drinking flagon and be happy in the knowledge that the sweet nectar inside it is the finest apple booze.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checked on a PC, currently no Ciders in the game....

Which is really strange as Cider is the original alcoholic drink. Being that apples will ferment if you leave them in a tree.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Just checked on a PC, currently no Ciders in the game....

Which is really strange as Cider is the original alcoholic drink. Being that apples will ferment if you leave them in a tree.

IKR? And we have apples as an ingredient to boot.

It seems rather odd that in a land of such heavy drinkers, there would be little mention of a drink occurs naturally from an extremely common fruit.