The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is Titanclaw my Nemesis?

duendology
duendology
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I discovered what fun it is actually to play a tank, and I mean a proper tank.

Currently, I've been training myself for this role by fighting overland bosses by myself. Practising taunt, buffs and debuffs, mechanics... so on so forth. It takes a lot of time to kill a boss because , well, I don't do much damage. I use Xynode "Easy Tank". I don't have the monster set yet...and some skills need to be still levelled up...but damn it's fun!

And as I've been killing one overland boss after another...occasionally with some fellow stranger player joining it...I stumbled upon this ....mudcrab Titanclaw.. I do fine until he spawns his mudcrab spawns... These little buggers cause lots of damage and it's hard for me to stay alive! :open_mouth:

Are there any tanks here who killed that damned giant mudcrab by themselves? Opinions from DPSers don't count much...because well, if you do lots of damage, it's entire different story.

Anyway, I am interested in your opinions. Suggestions? Tips? I am a CP 560-something Dragonknight Orc
PC/NA
- Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
- Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
- Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
And..
- High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably posted it in a wrong forum. :(
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tanked a lot of overland. Not all are doable by a single tank. The crab is a "never stand still" fight. Try an alternative build with more damage and DoT's. On certain fights you ll have to swap skills and/or armour. On some fights a set like thunderbug helps a lot.

There are more of those. For example there are two Trolls with high health regen. You cant kill them and they cant kill you. Even with defile almost impossible as long as you are @100% tank
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try a warden tank instead much more fun