The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

looking for magsorc pet build player non-cp to ask him some questions and advice

omarxz11
omarxz11
✭✭
so been playing 568 hours purley petsorc but i have issues with NB 1 shot builds , this is my discord id omarxz11#4319 , send me friend request cuz i desperately need help
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use 3 tri stat glyphs on big body pieces, 1-2 protective on jewelry, keep boundless storm up, always move your camera and check if you see enemies around you, try to keep your shield(s) up. 6-7 impen traits on body. That's about it.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice would be to ditch the pets and build a proper magsorc. That means ensuring that you’re wearing impen gear, back barring a resto staff (the resto ult is your friend), using power surge, and ensuring lots of crit hits to proc more health return.

Pet sorc builds are underpowered, and only allow people who are skilled at kiting behind their cheesy meatshields to succeed.
    Edited by Aurielle on April 3, 2019 10:31PM
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    My advice would be to ditch the pets and build a proper magsorc. That means ensuring that you’re wearing impen gear, back barring a resto staff (the resto ult is your friend), using power surge, and ensuring lots of crit hits to proc more health return.

Pet sorc builds are underpowered, and only allow people who are skilled at kiting behind their cheesy meatshields to succeed.

There is so much misinformation here lol ! Pet sorc can heal, tank and DPS at the same time if played right
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on April 3, 2019 11:22PM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is so much misinformation here lol ! Pet sorc can heal, tank and DPS at the same time if played right

And by “if played right,” you mean “if you are ‘skilled’ at hiding behind your mobile meat shield”, right? Don’t kid yourself: targeting issues are the only reason why petsorcs are successful in BGs. You can’t easily kill that which you cannot target.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And by “if played right,” you mean “if you are ‘skilled’ at hiding behind your mobile meat shield”, right? Don’t kid yourself: targeting issues are the only reason why petsorcs are successful in BGs. You can’t easily kill that which you cannot target.

You only list one minor aspect of it if you mean the bird used for LOS. I would rather have the bird be untargetable. Really annoying have to re-summon.

The heal, max mag and the damage is what interests me.

There are a lot of other benefits as well as far as sustain, kiting and tanking is concerned.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You only list one minor aspect of it if you mean the bird used for LOS. I would rather have the bird be untargetable. Really annoying have to re-summon.

There are a lot of other benefits as well as far as sustain, kiting and tanking is concerned.

LOL, “minor” aspect...

Pet sorcs in BGs generally aren’t just using one pet. They’re using the scamp, the twilight, the Daedroth monster set, and the storm atronach ult to eat up the vast majority of any single target damage that goes their way. They’re also generally doing this in premade groups to make the most out of pet targeting issues, zerging with up to sixteen pets active at one time and griefing everyone else in the process. A lone mag sorc that uses the twilight for burst healing can be effective, but that’s not what we’re talking about in this sub forum when we’re talking about pet sorcs.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL, “minor” aspect...

Pet sorcs in BGs generally aren’t just using one pet. They’re using the scamp, the twilight, the Daedroth monster set, and the storm atronach ult to eat up the vast majority of any single target damage that goes their way. They’re also generally doing this in premade groups to make the most out of pet targeting issues, zerging with up to sixteen pets active at one time and griefing everyone else in the process. A lone mag sorc that uses the twilight for burst healing can be effective, but that’s not what we’re talking about in this sub forum when we’re talking about pet sorcs.

I can see it being a problem if you are in a premade. But I m pretty sure I'd you solo queue in a high MMR bg on that build, the stam players on our server will one clap farm you.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL, “minor” aspect...

I can see it being a problem if you are in a premade. But I m pretty sure I'd you solo queue in a high MMR bg on that build, the stam players on our server will one clap farm you.

Yes, solo-queued pet sorcs are garbage. They can still abuse targeting, but not as well as they can when they’re in a premade. Abusing targeting and kill stealing with executes is all your average pet sorc is good for, which is why I recommend building a petless magsorc that can actually DO something.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL, “minor” aspect...

Yes, solo-queued pet sorcs are garbage. They can still abuse targeting, but not as well as they can when they’re in a premade. Abusing targeting and kill stealing with executes is all your average pet sorc is good for, which is why I recommend building a petless magsorc that can actually DO something.

Yeah, I always focus the petsorcs first. 9/10 times they’re a bad player abusing/crutching on pet dmg and los. If you’re actually able to target them, it’s a free kill and you also get the cancer temporarily out of the way.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No kidding! Why do people think all pets are good for is hiding behind them? I don't hide behind nuthin'. My current "zap build" is hitting guys for 6.5K to 8K crits... every 2 seconds! And forum experts think "proper" sorc builds do more damage?

Honestly, I'm kind of GLAD there is so much misinformation about pet builds on the forums. At least nobody is calling for Tormentor Twilight to be nerfed... they all think it's the bad morph!

Edited by Emma_Overload on April 4, 2019 9:29PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No kidding! Why do people think all pets are good for is hiding behind them? I don't hide behind nuthin'. My current "zap build" is hitting guys for 6.5K to 8K crits... every 2 seconds! And forum experts think "proper" sorc builds do more damage?

Honestly, I'm kind of GLAD there is so much misinformation about pet builds on the forums. At least nobody is calling for Tormentor Twilight to be nerfed... they all think it's the bad morph!

Don’t get me wrong, some people are able to to excel on pet builds when queuing solo, just as some people are able to excel on stamblade bow gank builds. The vast majority of people running pet builds solo on my server are, however, terrible (much like the vast majority of people running NB gank builds). If I see a pet sorc on my team, I roll my eyes and prepare to carry them hard. This isn’t “misinformation,” it’s reality.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t get me wrong, some people are able to to excel on pet builds when queuing solo, just as some people are able to excel on stamblade bow gank builds. The vast majority of people running pet builds solo on my server are, however, terrible (much like the vast majority of people running NB gank builds). If I see a pet sorc on my team, I roll my eyes and prepare to carry them hard. This isn’t “misinformation,” it’s reality.

For your server, with your context. The OP hasn't said enough for you to know if he's talking full pet build or one pet. I get you hate full pet BG teams but flaming pets when they gave plenty of uses in the right hands is misinformation.

In short OP needs to give us more details to be able to help. Full build & context.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

For your server, with your context. The OP hasn't said enough for you to know if he's talking full pet build or one pet. I get you hate full pet BG teams but flaming pets when they gave plenty of uses in the right hands is misinformation.

In short OP needs to give us more details to be able to help. Full build & context.

The OP stated he/she is having trouble with NB “one shot” builds. 568 played hours is 23 days. That’s really all the context you need... OP is very likely not in a mid-high MMR tier if dying in one hit to NBs, which means they’re likely not some god-tier pet sorc. Pet builds are only effective when there is a ton of petstacking going on, or if the player is skilled and experienced with pet builds. In the hands of the average player, pets are weak, because they limit bar space.

My advice — to wear a full impen build of the OP’s choice, with back barred resto staff and the resto ult — will help the OP more than the standard “meta” pet build. Full impen allows OP to survive the initial hit. Resto ult allows for full health bar recovery and a HOT in a single button press, unlike the matriarch. OP can then bar swap to their damage bar, which will have Inner Light on it, because there are no pets taking up bar space, to detect the NB who is almost certainly cloaking at that point. Then Reach to CC the NB, frags proc if it’s up, and fury/wrath. Dead NB.