Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How do I properly use CP in creating builds?

Caelarus
Caelarus
Soul Shriven
So I've been playing ESO since March 30th... 2014, and was even there the day they were added but one thing still holds me back when trying to theorycraft my own builds: how do champion points work? Well not necessarily how do they work as I can read the tooltip, but more specifically why do we slot champion points into certain constellations? I'm sure for most that's a stupid question but I personally haven't had the time to go into it and learn all the details even after all these years. If anyone would write a sort of summary up I would absolutely love that, as with necromancer coming soon I would really enjoy creating my own builds for the first time.

Best Answer

• Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most important to know is the jump points.

Not online so cant give direct example. But lets say you have 16,8% in hardy, you only get 16% out of that. It all sums down to the closest whole.

Appart from that, tap into mulitple CPs. Like elemental damage + thaumaturge to increase dmg on all element dmg and all dot dmg, causing it to dubble dip.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
    Answer ✓