The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

addons screwed since new update

KlotePino
KlotePino
✭✭✭
Hey guys,

back again with annoying questions. Since the update all my addons are screwed over, this has happened before and usually gets fixed quite fast. However, my interface is still crappy and lazywrit doesn't do what it used to. I'm using LUI btw. Does anyone have any recommended addons so I can at least change my interface to something decent? Or god forbid, a fix for the addons I run atm?

Thanks in advance, have a good one:)
  • KlotePino
    KlotePino
    ✭✭✭
    03urjoxgtelp.png
    y9o490eg2gkv.png

(here's a list of all the addons I run btw, however, lazywrit and a good interface addon are the most important ones for me at this moment)
  • Tacit_MT
    Tacit_MT
    Soul Shriven
    Many of the ones you run I do also, and don't have a problem with them. A few things to try:

-- In Minion, click on the gear icon in the upper right corner then click the 'Reset Addon Detection' button. Close and restart Minion to let it rescan your plugins.

-- Many plugins have had some of their included files made into Libraries that need to be downloaded separately now. In game, on the Addons screen, you can hover over the red circular info icons on plugins that no longer work, and it'll say what libraries are required to be downloaded.

-- Make sure 'Allow Outdated Plugins' is checked in your addons settings

-- Lazy Writ for sure has some libraries that need to be added now. Also, (this may have been fixed already, I don't know for sure) some people were also needing to install Lazy Set Crafter to get it to work.
    Edited by Tacit_MT on March 20, 2019 2:48AM
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    One last bit of advice. If you're having problems, it's possible that you need to remove/recreate the saved variables for the file. I know, for a fact, that I regularly have to clear libdebuglog when I update things, because otherwise it makes the game get unplayable pretty quickly. So, it doesn't hurt to reset saved variables.
    (and usually just deleting the problematic saved variables fixes things).
  • KlotePino
    KlotePino
    ✭✭✭
    thanks guys, will try right as we speak:)
  • KlotePino
    KlotePino
    ✭✭✭
    oh btw, I liked and insighted your comments, good and clear answers<3
  • KlotePino
    KlotePino
    ✭✭✭
    even though none of them worked:(

Soo, anyone got any alternatives for AUI?
  • KlotePino
    KlotePino
    ✭✭✭
    Story time!
    I was asking around in one of the trading guilds I'm in for alternatives to AUI, when one guildie mentioned the developer is in our guild, so I spammed the guild chat for a bit with ''MATE DO YOUR *** UPDATE'' and guess what? HE F*CKING DID, everything is back to normal, and I'm soo happy<3 (south park's craig voice) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKL2gY8s634
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be frustrating when an addon you rely on is out of date or otherwise not compliant when updates to the game happen.

However; addon developers work for free on their own time to provide these resources for players. Very often, updates don't break an addon, and all you need to do is select "use out of date addons" in your settings. Occasionally, ZOS makes changes to the API that aren't well documented which makes it really difficult for a developer to track down an issue.

If an addon hasn't been updated, it might be that it doesn't need updating. It might be that the dev has stuff going on in their RL that takes precedence. Or it could be that they've decided it isn't worth maintaining it because no matter what they do, 90% of what they deal with is people that don't read changelogs or understand the basics about how addons work in this game who decides it's an awesome idea to spam guild chat with "MATE DO YOUR *** UPDATE'' rather than just interacting with them like they're a human being.

Hey, all you addon devs out there: Thank you so much for what you do for the community. I, for one, salute you.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KlotePino wrote: »
    Story time!
    I was asking around in one of the trading guilds I'm in for alternatives to AUI, when one guildie mentioned the developer is in our guild, so I spammed the guild chat for a bit with ''MATE DO YOUR *** UPDATE'' and guess what? HE F*CKING DID, everything is back to normal, and I'm soo happy<3 (south park's craig voice) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKL2gY8s634

If I were the GM or an officer of that guild, I would have booted you immediately for treating another member like that.
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    Alternates for AUI? Most of the people I game with work with a combination of Bandits UI and Votan's MiniMap. And as both are updated regularly, we usually don't have any real problems with them.