The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should ZOS add a 6v6 BG mode?

• Get_Packed
    Get_Packed
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Look, now they want zerg in Bg’s. More clips for me!
  • Hearts_Wake
    Hearts_Wake
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. Leave the three sided nonsense in cyro
    QQ.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    hesobad wrote: »
    What so 6 man pre mades will go up against 6 solo quers????????? Where is the *** NO option?

The system can prioritize solo queues together. With 6v6, there's a pretty good chance your team would have grouped players anyways, even if it's a group of 4 and then 2 solos.
  • damtotb16_ESO
    damtotb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No since they can''t fix lag even in 4vs4
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    No since they can''t fix lag even in 4vs4

6v6s is the same amount of players as 4v4v4s though...
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Bump.
    Please, 3 sides is OK for cyrodiil.
    But WHY in Battlegrounds?
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Slack wrote: »
    Bump.

Yeah, it just doesn't function well in small scale, especially for objectives, and doesn't allow for much expansion on the existing system.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Bump.

Because it's fun and better than 1vs1? The three faction fights are a lot more dynamic than the static fights where there are just two rivaling sides.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Bump.

Because it's fun and better than 1vs1? The three faction fights are a lot more dynamic than the static fights where there are just two rivaling sides.

You sound like you’ve never played any other competitive PvP game.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Bump.

I did and compared to the 1vs1vs1 PvP in ESO their 1vs1 approach is quite boring.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • stamdammered
    stamdammered
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I vote yes but they would have to fix the premade issue, a 6 man premade will absolutely roll 6 man pugs, worse than 4x4x4 in my opinion. At least in 4x4x4 if team #1 is a premade monster you can battle it out with team #2 for second and still have fun.
    Edited by stamdammered on February 26, 2019 4:57PM
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Bump.

I did and compared to the 1vs1vs1 PvP in ESO their 1vs1 approach is quite boring.

Objective modes don’t work with 3 teams since once two of the teams start fighting, the 3rd team gets the objectives. Dm is the only mode that functions somewhat ok for BGs.

CS:GO, LoL, dota, overwatch, wow, etc are all 2 team based because it actually works for competitive gameplay, whereas 3 teams does not.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I vote yes but they would have to fix the premade issue, a 6 man premade will absolutely roll 6 man pugs, worse than 4x4x4 in my opinion. At least in 4x4x4 if team #1 is a premade monster you can battle it out with team #2 for second and still have fun.

It really depends. 6 solo Qs, yeah probably, but a 5 man and a solo Q or a 4 man and a 2 man could still be fine.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Bump.

It's only dynamic when there aren't any premade groups involved. The "better" a team plays, the less dynamic it becomes. Have you ever played Battlegrounds where all 3 teams were full 4-player premade teams? Because I have, and it usually devolves into a giant merry-go-round with everyone avoiding combat as much as possible (other than Silver Leashing when possible to try and burn someone down 4v1).

If Team #1 charges in against Team #2, chances are Team #3 will be the prime beneficiary of that decision. They'll just hang back and wait for the right opportunity to ult-dump and AOE execute spam, collect points, then avoid everyone else until it's time to do it all over again.

Just as an example, there's a video on Thogard's twitch channel where our team took just shy of 11 minutes to get our first kill of the match. But hey, maybe we're just a bunch of no-skill newbs right? What were the other teams' scores at the time? 75 and 30. That means there were a grand total 8 kills/deaths in the game, with just over 4 minutes left until it times out. The final score was 120-90-30, and 4 of those last 8 "kills" were due to people getting knocked into lava (at least 2 directly died because of it, and a third got pulled and wrecked because his team was dead).

With only 2 teams, this boring strategy of avoiding combat for most of the game simply wouldn't be a thing. I still think that 6v6 is the wrong team size, unless it's limited to objective-based games where people are forced to split up a bit, but this 3-team business simply doesn't work well in Battlegrounds. At least not in cases where people play death matches "properly," and want to win.

PS
    Around 5:36:00 in this video is what I was referring to above.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Bump.

It's only dynamic when there aren't any premade groups involved. The "better" a team plays, the less dynamic it becomes. Have you ever played Battlegrounds where all 3 teams were full 4-player premade teams? Because I have, and it usually devolves into a giant merry-go-round with everyone avoiding combat as much as possible (other than Silver Leashing when possible to try and burn someone down 4v1).

If Team #1 charges in against Team #2, chances are Team #3 will be the prime beneficiary of that decision. They'll just hang back and wait for the right opportunity to ult-dump and AOE execute spam, collect points, then avoid everyone else until it's time to do it all over again.

Just as an example, there's a video on Thogard's twitch channel where our team took just shy of 11 minutes to get our first kill of the match. But hey, maybe we're just a bunch of no-skill newbs right? What were the other teams' scores at the time? 75 and 30. That means there were a grand total 8 kills/deaths in the game, with just over 4 minutes left until it times out. The final score was 120-90-30, and 4 of those last 8 "kills" were due to people getting knocked into lava (at least 2 directly died because of it, and a third got pulled and wrecked because his team was dead).

With only 2 teams, this boring strategy of avoiding combat for most of the game simply wouldn't be a thing. I still think that 6v6 is the wrong team size, unless it's limited to objective-based games where people are forced to split up a bit, but this 3-team business simply doesn't work well in Battlegrounds. At least not in cases where people play death matches "properly," and want to win.

PS
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Bump.

PS

6v6s with control points to ensure teams split up would be ideal imo
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    That would be awesome! Wouldnt Mind getting rid of 2 premade teams Vs 1 random team, oh and fix MMR too 🙂
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope. Anything 4+ is leaning towards a zerg. I can only imagine how 6 blockades or 6 pet sorcs would look like if 4 isn't bad enough already
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on March 9, 2019 1:44AM
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Nope. Anything 4+ is leaning towards a zerg. I can only imagine how 6 blockades or 6 pet sorcs would look like if 4 isn't bad enough already

Doesn't matter if it's an objective mode like control points. Teams would have to split up to win.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I like 4v4v4 for three way fights, but for more competitive fights between just two teams, I prefer 3v3. It forces more hybridization for roles because you have fewer people to cover all necessities and focus damage is less extreme, so something like a full tank with guard makes less sense.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Noooooooo Stop adding - fix stuff and rebalance.
    Edited by WeylandLabs on March 24, 2019 8:08AM
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I like getting backstabbed in back but that would work too.
    Edited by KhajiitFelix on March 24, 2019 8:19AM
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    Yes

6v6 is the fix lol.
    PC-NA
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

6v6 would fix a lot of issues...
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    4v4
    PC EU
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Fix the current system now, implement 6v6v6 after.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    SkerKro wrote: »
    Fix the current system now, implement 6v6v6 after.

Not 6v6v6, why would that be better? Two teams, 6v6 in an objective based mode is the way to go.
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Any new additions to PvP are welcome at this point.
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qwazz wrote: »
    Any new additions to PvP are welcome at this point.

3 team BGs should have never been a thing to begin with..