The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The best PvP experience ever!

cairo_x
cairo_x
✭✭✭
Thank you, ESO for the best PvP experience ever!

Since you started to make updates, not fixing the load screens (yes, they still happen), constant crashes in game, huge lag caused by stacking players in one area (or when you have a particular guild assembling 80+ players in the same area, casting ultimate making the server crash), I was able to spend my time with my family, doing home work, cooking dinner and so.

I stopped spending money on this game with the silly hope you will for TRUE fix the server crashing like that. We all know it's not profitable to touch the issue because you guys are making money from small details and more updates.

The game is not bad, mostly because of people playing. But the lack of attention to the PvP will bring sure doom in no time. This is not new, I know. Several people from the community have addressed that already but the team keep ignoring that and releasing more costumes and things you can buy on crown store.

So far, I do not recommend this game to any of my friends because they mainly enjoy PvP.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something tells me you play DC
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Winning" the loading screen lottery can be very horrible experince in wvw. You can literally spend more time in loading screens than in game. Porting is then denied when you win it and you have to take minimal risk so you will not die :D
  • Gretzel
    Gretzel
    ✭✭✭
    I've played every mmo under the sun over the last 20 years and I think this game has the second best pvp. Its honestly not that great, even ignoring the technical issues: its full of flaws but the mmos that mostly had way better pvp are totally abandoned or dont exist anymore. I quit WoW during late mop but the gear treadmill in there was out of control. At least in this game you dont have people with 10x your health and 7x your damage output only because their gear is purple and not blue. I'm a huge pvper and have played hundreds and hundreds of different games across all genres, this stuff is pretty alright.
    Edited by Gretzel on March 28, 2019 9:02PM
    Sorc dps / DK tank / Templar healer - Xbox NA - Black Marsh Legion - cp 270
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gretzel wrote: »
    I've played every mmo under the sun over the last 20 years and I think this game has the second best pvp. Its honestly not that great, even ignoring the technical issues: its full of flaws but the mmos that mostly had way better pvp are totally abandoned or dont exist anymore. I quit WoW during late mop but the gear treadmill in there was out of control. At least in this game you dont have people with 10x your health and 7x your damage output only because their gear is purple and not blue. I'm a huge pvper and have played hundreds and hundreds of different games across all genres, this stuff is pretty alright.

Word. The only game with better pvp combat IMHO was Age of Conan, and it also suffered from gear treadmill.

The only game with better large scale performance was GW2, and not even by much.

ESO, for all its issues, is one of the best.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Datolite wrote: »

Word. The only game with better pvp combat IMHO was Age of Conan, and it also suffered from gear treadmill.

The only game with better large scale performance was GW2, and not even by much.

Age of Conan? Are you kidding me?

Maybe it got better after I left. I played a bear shaman, healer who could burst someone out of stealth in a couple of seconds.

When the game started the only good pvp was ganking one of the zerglings who used to run up and down the Main Street in the final zone and disappearing.

Best will always be DaoC. Warhammer was good too, but two factions isn’t a good pvp setup. Rift was decent too, but on release day the servers filled too quickly. PvP guilds were trying to roll on the same server and weren’t able to. Result was everyone was spread out and group vs group pvp never took off. Most pvp guilds got bored and left the game.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 29, 2019 3:02PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game could be so much better ..
    Limit groups to 8 .. severe pvp scaling for kills .. 24-36 zerg guild should not earn the same as 6 to 8 man group when taking a keep...

ZOS can still salvage this games pvp but they have to deal with these large pvp guilds that have destroyed pvp with lag
    Edited by Durham on March 30, 2019 12:40PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    This game could be so much better ..
    Limit groups to 8 .. severe pvp scaling for kills .. 24-36 zerg guild should not earn the same as 6 to 8 man group when taking a keep...

ZOS can still salvage this games pvp but they have to deal with these large pvp guilds that have destroyed pvp with lag

I see comments like these all the time, but you have to put group pvp in context. Large pvp groups are the norm in MMO pvp, ESO seems to have been mainly small scale originally so people got used to it?

Usually once you get to around 12-24 group pvpers you’re strong enough to take out 4x your number by focusing on aoes, and small groups are trivial. People seem to prefer smaller scale I guess but that makes ESO an anomaly from how MMO pvp has traditionally been.

In this context I don’t think you can say groups are destroying pvp, lag is though but I’ve found it’s gotten a bit better lately.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 30, 2019 2:08PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭

AoC combat was so much fun! I miss my Lotus Assassin and my HoX! Lots of good times chilling in Kheshatta...
  • cairo_x
    cairo_x
    ✭✭✭
    Hi again. It's me. So after a decent amount of time playing around with DC on Cyrodiill, Vivec NA it all went fine. But when we fought the Army on EP side, I quickly crashed. I will try it again and if I crash, well I will report the crash just to help the developers to be aware of it.

So:
    Crashed 03/30 3:30 P.M.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Start playing on the less populated campaigns where lag isn’t a problem.

Most people talk like they like to play small group pvp but they really don’t. Otherwise, they would play on the other campaigns.

It is also funny that these type of posts have been happening the whole time this game has been out for 5 years now.
  • roarr
    roarr
    ✭✭✭
    Lags are even during BGs.
    DCs every few mins

GG
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Maybe it got better after I left. I played a bear shaman, healer who could burst someone out of stealth in a couple of seconds.

When the game started the only good pvp was ganking one of the zerglings who used to run up and down the Main Street in the final zone and disappearing.

Best will always be DaoC. Warhammer was good too, but two factions isn’t a good pvp setup. Rift was decent too, but on release day the servers filled too quickly. PvP guilds were trying to roll on the same server and weren’t able to. Result was everyone was spread out and group vs group pvp never took off. Most pvp guilds got bored and left the game.

Best PVP was EQ Tallen ZEK!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »

Best PVP was EQ Tallen ZEK!

I was a bluebie in EQ, never got to experience it. I heard it was good though from guildies.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came here to ask what game did you play to have such great PVP experience (could not be eso)

but you beat me to it
  • MannKurt
    MannKurt
    ✭✭
    Screenshot_20190331_000949.png

The best pvp experience EU
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MannKurt wrote: »
    Screenshot_20190331_000949.png

The best pvp experience EU

What killed you?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6GdHjOg.jpg

After the initial 20 frost reaches I had basically lost the will to live anyway
  • MannKurt
    MannKurt
    ✭✭
    That deep fissure makes difference :tired_face:
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    cairo_x wrote: »
    Hi again. It's me. So after a decent amount of time playing around with DC on Cyrodiill, Vivec NA it all went fine. But when we fought the Army on EP side, I quickly crashed. I will try it again and if I crash, well I will report the crash just to help the developers to be aware of it.

So:
    Crashed 03/30 3:30 P.M.

How long were you logged in before you crashed?
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cairo_x wrote: »
    Thank you, ESO for the best PvP experience ever!

Since you started to make updates, not fixing the load screens (yes, they still happen), constant crashes in game, huge lag caused by stacking players in one area (or when you have a particular guild assembling 80+ players in the same area, casting ultimate making the server crash), I was able to spend my time with my family, doing home work, cooking dinner and so.

I stopped spending money on this game with the silly hope you will for TRUE fix the server crashing like that. We all know it's not profitable to touch the issue because you guys are making money from small details and more updates.

The game is not bad, mostly because of people playing. But the lack of attention to the PvP will bring sure doom in no time. This is not new, I know. Several people from the community have addressed that already but the team keep ignoring that and releasing more costumes and things you can buy on crown store.

So far, I do not recommend this game to any of my friends because they mainly enjoy PvP.

This is one of those head games where we tell our parents we are running away in hopes they give us more attention right?