The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it normal for the game to take so long to load areas

dbgager
dbgager
✭✭✭
Even on an SSD with a top tier PC this seems to take 30 seconds or longer.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haha welcome to ESO, this game has very weak performance as the devs have no clue what they are doing and they run bad software with bad hardware to save money.
  • Heady
    Heady
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine trying to do a trial and missing half of it because you are stuck in loading screens
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the past year or so, it is considered pretty abnormal if it takes less than 30 seconds.
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Because the client waiting on the server to move your character to the right backend server with the active players there. The game world runs on many servers but is hosted as large unified world. the backend server has to transfer you character to the server that the new area or dynamic layer is on.

Edited by ThanatosXR on April 1, 2019 3:27AM
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is built into the game design. It's remarkable in what it is, but I believe there is no fixing it without a major rework on the back end. That will probably take a long time/too expensive, and so will not probably be fixed beyond band aids.

I don't think they are bad developers, but that this concept seems to not have worked as intended.
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Bradyfjord wrote: »
    It is built into the game design. It's remarkable in what it is, but I believe there is no fixing it without a major rework on the back end. That will probably take a long time/too expensive, and so will not probably be fixed beyond band aids.

I don't think they are bad developers, but that this concept seems to not have worked as intended.

They dont even run there own servers, Its hosted by Akamai, Not even a good service like amazon or azure

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2656949
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a feature