The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

@ZOS: It's time to come clean (Group Finder)

Ufretin
Ufretin
✭✭✭✭✭
It's been five months since the latest disaster with the Undaunted event and the problems persist to this day. There is no evidence whatsoever that anyone at ZOS is even looking into the problem.

Can we please get confirmation that the Group Finder is beyond repair and is never going to be fixed? Thanks!
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ufretin wrote: »
    It's been five months since the latest disaster with the Undaunted event and the problems persist to this day. There is no evidence whatsoever that anyone at ZOS is even looking into the problem.

Can we please get confirmation that the Group Finder is beyond repair and is never going to be fixed? Thanks!

No, as that is above the pay grade of anyone that even knows us mere plebs exit :wink:

Edited by Gythral on March 31, 2019 7:35PM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually it's only 4 months since the last Undaunted event, my bad.
    But there was a 2017 Undaunted event before that and no noticeable improvement for one year...
    Edited by Ufretin on March 31, 2019 7:44PM
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what problems you actually have. DD queue where always long, so that's not surprising. Queue is working just fine on my tank no problems at all.
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its currently completely broken in PC EU,

Its keep showing message "Someone declined blah blah!"

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on March 31, 2019 7:48PM
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itsmichi wrote: »
    Not sure what problems you actually have. DD queue where always long, so that's not surprising. Queue is working just fine on my tank no problems at all.

"Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue."
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here. Virtually zero wait on my Tanks, any time of day. A few minutes on my Healers. Not willing to wait around hours, so I never try on my DD.

No problems on ZOS's side. Problem lies with the player culture where almost everyone wants to play DD rather than swap to a role that's actually in demand in GF.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Monsieur
    Monsieur
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »

Same here. Virtually zero wait on my Tanks, any time of day. A few minutes on my Healers. Not willing to wait around hours, so I never try on my DD.

No problems on ZOS's side. Problem lies with the player culture where almost everyone wants to play DD rather than swap to a role that's actually in demand in GF.

I have queued as Tank and also as Healer but Dungeon Finder is not working and keep failing @ PC EU
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on March 31, 2019 7:52PM
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening since Morrowind On and Off
  • WoRei
    WoRei
    ✭✭✭
    The group finder in this game is the worst i ever experienced.

@ZOS: What is so hard to implement a working group finder?
    That would be a a very simple task for me (i am a software developer) - So tell us why it is so hard fpr your developers?

Never an answer on this topic for months now - frustrating ...

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Someone declined the invite."

Could they at least update that message so that it isn't blatantly lying?

"Our dungeon finder system seems to have encountered an unexpected issue. You've been placed back in the queue"

Yes it still sucks, but having the blame placed squarely on the players when it is an issue with the system is outright insulting.
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Someone declined the invite."

Could they at least update that message so that it isn't blatantly lying?

"Our dungeon finder system seems to have encountered an unexpected issue. You've been placed back in the queue"

Yes it still sucks, but having the blame placed squarely on the players when it is an issue with the system is outright insulting.

Unless players actually decline...
    I suspect the main problem is with GF popping up multiple notifications at the same time. Accepting one will auto-decline the other.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ufretin wrote: »

"Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue."
    Yes, sometimes the dungeon finder get overloaded.

That is happening is that the finder assembles an group then try to create an instance, this or some other stuff fail somehow.
    The players are then queued again, and the finder continues to fail and the queue length increases rather than getting dispatched into an dungeon.

Now the weird part is that manually porting to dungeons always work. Also then all 4 press yes finder should enter an new state creating instance with an far longer timeout. Now it feels like its has an very short timeout.

It could also be an problem with creating groups somehow. First fix here would give full groups an fast track simply to get them out of the queue asap, second is to get the ready check registered as priority so you can go to next step.

Main problem here is that this is pretty hard to debug as it only show up under load.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.